hibiscus bushes

my partner bought a snow white hibiscus bush about 8 months ago and since we planted it in the ground it hasn't benn doing too well. some pest is eating eat and it loooks very unhealthy. It is watered regulary and is feeded with liquid fertiliser every 3 months. we don't know what too do?
It all depends on exactly which type of Hibiscus (tropical shrub, hardy shrub ("Rose of Sharon") or deciduous perennial) you have and where you are on the planet.
Enlighten us with more info.