Hibiscus

Every nursery I ask told me that newly planted Hibiscus should not be hit with the water sprinkler system. Some of them are pretty close to the sprinklers. When they grow up it won't matter. Putting a garbage bag over them for 8 hours out of every 3 days should be alright? It shouldn't harm them?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Miller

In article , snipped-for-privacy@cox.net says... :) Every nursery I ask told me that newly planted Hibiscus should not be hit :) with the water sprinkler system. Some of them are pretty close to the :) sprinklers. When they grow up it won't matter. Putting a garbage bag over :) them for 8 hours out of every 3 days should be alright? It shouldn't harm :) them? :) :) Richard :) :) :) If the 8 hours is in the night they would be fine, if it is through the hottest part of the day I would thing they would be cooked.

Reply to
Lar

The only reason I would think they told you this is because hibiscus get powdery mildew pretty easily. Since your sprinklers go off at

4:30, the plants will only be wet for a few hours before the sun comes up. This is plenty of time for them to dry off, and they shouldnt have any problems. The idea that water will have a magnifying glass effect on plants in the sun is a myth.

Toad

Reply to
Marley1372