Help identify my weeds.

At least, I think they're weeds. I didn't plant them, I know that much.
This one is growing through my hosta, and pretty much wherever else it wants to:
http://home.earthlink.net/~bellyrunner/plants/Mvc-107f.jpg
This one I'm worried about because someone once told me it was hemlock:
http://home.earthlink.net/~bellyrunner/plants/MVC-097F.JPG
http://home.earthlink.net/~bellyrunner/plants/MVC-098F.JPG
I've looked up hemlock and I see there are things it can be mistaken for, and I really hope it's not hemlock because this stuff grows wild right next to my driveway, no matter how many times I think I pull it all.
This next one is a very large, stalky plant growing in my yard, there were several, but I only let this one grow to full height to see what it would do, and this bloomed last week:
http://home.earthlink.net/~bellyrunner/plants/MVC-104F.JPG
The final one is growing wherever there's shade. It gets pretty tall, but the roots are shallow enough that I don't mind pulling it where it doesn't belong.
http://home.earthlink.net/~bellyrunner/plants/MVC-106F.JPG
Most of all, I really just want to know if any of these are toxic, as I have a dog that grazes in the yard and she comes before plants. :)
Thanks again for all your wisdom. -T
On 9/28/04 6:44 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,
(Snip)

Looks like it one of the New England Asters
The others look familiar but I don't know names; the first looks like a knot weed of some sort.
Cheryl
The first one looks to me like a form of hardy Tradescantia.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

wants to:

and I

my
do,
the
belong.
have a

looks like tradescantia. it's a pain to get rid of. i've been working on mine for 5 years.

it's definately not water hemlock *or* eastern hemlock (which is a tree <g>) it could be white snakeroot. cows eating white snakeroot can give toxic (potentially fatal) milk.

that looks like it might be heath aster. 3' tall, bushy, colony forming. flowers about 1/2". leaves linear, hairy, stiff. blooms Aug-Oct

i think that's copperweed. it's a PITA to get rid of, despite being an annual.

most dogs just nibble grasses, in my experience. i'd try to keep him away from the snakeroot though. the others aren't toxic. my goats eat the copperweed when it's young, but ignore it when it gets older. i really hate copperweed! lee
1. Commelina communis
2. Eupatorium sp. (Asteraceae, not even in same family as hemlock.)
3. Aster sp.
4. Acalypha rhomboidea
None of them are deadly. Don't worry about the dogs eating them.

wants to:

and I

my
do,