Here's the weird thing, for example: Three in a bed; two will die and the other flourish. Has happened several times. They all get the same conditions. This happens sometimes a year or two after planting.
Can one plant be inherently "feeble" and another not?
HB
On 14/10/2015 8:20 PM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:

:-)) I'm a big hebe hater. I don't know why I dont'liek them but I never have done.

Can't answer that one.
On 2015-10-14 09:20:54 +0000, Hypatia Nachshon said:

Could be. Have you considered propagating the survivors via cuttings? I hear it is easy with hebes.
On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 6:07:45 PM UTC-7, Amos Nomore wrote:

You raise a question I've been battling with.
I want to propagate a lovely white azalea that is sprawling all over. My g ardener assures me it can't be done. There are enough low-growing branches that need pruning anyway, so I'm willing to try. BUT I have never underst ood cutting vs twisting. The former is supposed to be a no-no, but why? I' ve tried to do research on-line but not fpund answers.
So I'm asking you & other kind NG members for input on cutting vs twisting, both for the surviving Hebe and for the azalea.
TIA
HB
On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 21:24:48 -0700 (PDT), Hypatia Nachshon

Azaleas are one of the easiest shrubs to propagate by layering. Don't prune those low growing branches, press a section into the ground and place a rock over it, in a month roots will grow, then prune and replant. You need a new gardener, one whose not really a toilet janitor. http://azaleachapter.com/plant-info/propagation/layering
On Friday, October 16, 2015 at 4:48:47 AM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Very exciting! Not sure I'll have room where the plant is located right near a concrete path, but it's worth a try. Now, would someone speak on the "cutting vs twisting" question. Really curious and can't find info.
HB