Heavenly Bamboo (Nandino) cuttings ?

Hi, I'm in Zone 8. I'd like to try taking cuttings from our Heavenly Bamboo shrub. If anyone has done this, successfully, could you please advise me when and how it should be done?
The main plant was $40.00 last year so I'd really like to save some money, if I could.
Many thanks. BL
If you wait just a little bit, you'll have babies that come from the mother plant of heavenly bamboo. I've got 4 of them in my front yard and I have to pull out babies that pop up all around the bush.
Penny Zone 7b - North Carolina

I recently spent a solid 16 hours digging out every little piece of this dastardly, invasive plant. It's ruining the entire of Texas wildscape. I have no idea why they still sell it here.
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:44:53 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@berren.com opined:

Thankyou, everyone, for giving me your suggestions. I'll just let it grow till it sends out babies, dig them up and presto! more ..... of course, for the Texan here, are you sure I can't mail you a few babies for your garden?? :-)))))))))))) Thanks again, folks.
BL

No thanks. I prefer not to destroy nature with invasive exotic plants. I do use exotic plants sparingly, but none which can overrun this state.
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:05:44 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@berren.com opined: