Growing poppies legal?

Page 2 of 3
How can I get fire ants out of my compost pile?
Give them all pink slips and tell them they've all been laid off and will need to go somewhere else to find work!!! (Be sure to blame it all on the slow economy and raising gas prices!!!!)

Hound snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in message

Amdro

It has nothing to do with being stoned. What he said was that the California poppy is not a true poppy.
A stone foxx???
The Independent
"Brigitte J." wrote:

On Sat, 15 May 2004 14:07:42 GMT, "Cereus-validus"

could apply to anything in papaveraceae.
Side note, yesterday I saw a bunch of what I believe to be California poppies, E. californica, with blooms about the size of a penny, very small. It was in a serpentine area, probably the cause of the small blooms.
--

- Charles
-

On Sat, 15 May 2004 18:06:59 GMT, "Cereus-validus"

californica, maybe not. I didn't have my calipers along, nor did I have the book to check, Not that important to me now anyway. Maybe it was E. hypecoides. Jepson calls that the San Benito Poppy, and that's where I was, San Benito.
E. californica grows by itself quite commonly around here, here being California. Anything else seems unusual by comparison.
--

- Charles
-
"Brigitte J." wrote:

I saw a photo from a trip to WDC and around some of the groverment building, that very same flower was growing and blooming like mad. The trip the guy took was last year, so I have to wonder if they are there this year or not.
The Calif. poppy in navie to the west cost and not very useable.
--
Dragons Must Fly when Thread's in the Sky

www.starlords.org
You may be more naive than you think.
The California Poppy is endemic to the west coast and is a very popular ornamental garden plant there. I have seen many miles of it growing along the highways.

Cereus-validus wrote:

In my yard the California Poppy self sows like crazy and would take over if I let it.
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

On 15 May 2004 12:21:01 GMT, Ignoramus12481

Don't ask people here, we are all filled with misinformation.

Remember, V, you only speak on behalf of yourself :-)
Janet
opined:

Oops. Janet, didn't you get the memo? :-)
opined:

I wouldn't expect you two to get what I said. I was being nasty and reactive, but have ironed that all out. Back to your secret memo's now.

Psssssssst, Eclectic; careful with that steam irony. There's no wrinkles on Victoria.
Janet

Wow. I make a lame joke and then get abused and amused!

This reminded me of the quotation attributed to Mark Twain: "Often, the surest way to convey misinformation is to tell the strict truth."

Just meant as a joke. Even my friends don't always get my "quirky" sense of humour.

Ouch! I got it. I think I got beaned with the iron too! :-)
Regards.
Remember Broccoli, you speak for nobody!!!!
opined: