grow lilys

How long is gonna take a lily to grow to 1 feet tall, from the seeds? I am thinking about germinating some lilys myself. But I'm wondering how soon they will be displayable. Also, I have some lilys and iris in my backyard. They were planted by the previous owner. But I decided to move some of them to the flower bed in the front yard. Is there anything I should be aware of when I move those flowers? Thanks

Reply to
NetComm888

It depends on the speciesor hybrid... Most take a couple years, though smaller ones might mature faster.

Or course, there's a few that are hard to find. Seeds may be worth the wait, for hard to find or rare species. If bulbs are readily available, though, it'd make sense to consider them.

If you move during active growth, it'll set the plant back a little. It may be best to wait until they die back in the fall. If not, be sure to get a good amount of roots with the plant, it might mean having to move some soil with them.

-

theoneflasehaddock

Reply to
theoneflasehaddock