How to grow chia?

I know these seeds will grow in Mexico and south America but will they grow in north America?

Does anyone know the right growing conditions?

TIA

Reply to
JJ

They grow wild in some areas of North America too.

Reply to
Omelet

Lots of sand and heat - think Anza Borrego state park, in southern California.

Henriette

Reply to
Henriette Kress

Thanks Henriette.

I've discovered that it will grow in northern California too. It doesn't need a lot of heat but I bet the conditions of light and water are also big factors.

Reply to
RF