Ground Cover in Flower Bed

Last year I planted this really nice small leaved ground cover that flowers these really bright tiny flowers. I love it , don't get me wrong but it only flower in the spring and it is choking out everything else. No, I don't remember the name of it. The other thing I have in there is mums and I keep them year to year and have them bloom in the fall. There are two roses in each corner but they are not a problem. Here's the question, can I cut this stuff back and re route it around the mums? Can I dig up it in parts and re plant it in a better location? Any ideas? Thanks

MJ

Reply to
mj

I have pink clover (Persicaria capitata) as a ground cover in my rose bed, which also contains spring bulbs, daylilies, Camellia sansanqua, penstemon, Cuphea, primroses, blue fescue (Festuca glauca), and dwarf Chinese holly (Ilex cornuta 'Burfordii Nana'). The Persicaria is quite vigorous. I rip it out in handsful; and with my garden knife, I cut out the base of individual Persicaria around many of the plants. Being a true ground cover, it recovers.

Reply to
David E. Ross