grass seed questions

Scotts Pure Premium Heat & Drought Brand?
It has Tall Fescue. A lot of books report that not recommended. Why would Scotts sell it? Does it handle Shade ? I read it need less watering, mowing and fertilizer.
I live in Indiana.
My grass seems to die out ever two years. I hate having to reseed it. Yes, I got a shaded yard. The sun dose shine at for at least an hour.
What would be the best grass seed to get?(I don't want a blue yard)
Greg Ro
Why those mercenary bastards.
How dare they sell that stuff.
Screw Scotts.
Why not grow Vinca minor instead?

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:20:26 GMT, "Cereus-validus......."

http://hortwww-2.ag.ohio-state.edu/hcs/TMI/Plantlist/vi_minor.html
Greg Ro
GregRo wrote:

I have had very good luck with Tall Fescure (Black Beauty, Rebel II) for 5 years. My yard is fairly sunny, however. Tall Fescue send roots down 3 to 4 feet for water and is known for not browning out in summer.
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:42:51 -0400, Stubby

How often to you mow it? Do you ever water it? What happen when it rains alot? I have read that it won't do well.
Greg Ro
GregRo wrote:

I mow it when it needs mowed and when it rains, the ground gets wet! Usually I mow it close to 4" to shade out weeds.
GregRo wrote:

I doubt that any lawn would survive with only an hour of sun. If you don't want a blue yard don't paint it blue.

USDA Zone 8

http://www.agry.purdue.edu/turf/pubs/ay25.htm
Note that few turf grasses will do well or thrive in that much shade - they all prefer much more sun - but the fescues are the most shade tolerant. Under these conditions, annual overseeding may just be a fact of life. Maintaining a thick, healthy lawn under adverse conditions takes a lot of work.
pam - gardengal