Garden Design

Hi. I wanted you to see my new Garden Design site and and say what do you think about him. Check it: http://free.7host05.com/Smooth10/Home.htm
On 1/19/2010 3:22 PM, Classic Man wrote:

267 XHTML errors! Some browsers might have trouble viewing this. Some search engines might have trouble indexing it.
You are trying to display some eight images, all of them GIF files. But none of them display. I traced the URI for one of them; it was 404.
The language seems strange. For example, "grassplot" instead of "lawn", "spices garden" instead of "herb garden". In what region or nation is the intended audience?
"the walkway throw the different spices" The correct word is "through", not "throw".
"Citrus trees on the other hand are not for playing but they can give us tasty juices like orange, grapefruit, mango and more..." Mango is not a citrus.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
Classic Man wrote:

I suppose that English is not your first language. You need to get somebody with better writing skills to make it more readable and to use the correct terms.
On the design page many topics were not mentioned and those that were covered were very thin. It was hardly worth reading. There are also some generalisations that I don't agree with and some stuff is just plain wrong. Mangos are not citrus trees and you cannot plant every kind of tree that you like in your garden unless they suit the climate.
The page on tools also made a number of rather doubtful statements. I never expected to be told that aerator shoes were "must have" items. If this is your idea of a marketing campaign it is as puny as your understanding of design. I stopped reading after that.
You don't know enough about gardening to be giving advice or making useful recommendations.
David

As a professional landscape designer myself, I have to agree with the above - there is little to no substance on your site. Certainly not enough information to help anyone to design or plan their own garden. And too many errors to be credible. Not an impressive effort at all and not a site I'd bother with in the future.