Garden Design Software

I'm interested in getting some software that will help me kept track of what I have planted where, and also help with design. Any suggestions? Thanks, John _________________ John Henry Wheeler Washington, DC USDA Zone 7

Reply to
Compostman

Any spreadsheet software that came on your computer will work for that.

There isn't any decent design software to speak of. It's all GIGO, and if you can't do a decent design now, then having an additional tool at your disposal isn't going to help, as that is all any software is, a tool. You can use an imaging program like Photshop or Paint to help you visualize a bit, but really, the best design tool is a scale drawing of your grounds along with tranparent overlays where you can fiddle things out and figure out where the large blobs go vs. the small ones. And, if you don't have enough gardening knowledge to convert Large Blob A into a live oak and Semi Large Blob B into a crabapple, and those Little Small Blobs into hosta aureomarrginata, then you need to do some trips to the library to educate yourself or hire a professional.

Reply to
Sunflower

As far as we know, there is no garden or landscape software available that's worth shipping charges. The most recommended methods for both design and keeping track are paper and pencil, and perhaps a regular spreadsheet.

Reply to
Frogleg