Looking for good tree or shrub for a 10-15' screen.

Hello,

I am looking for a fast growing plant that I can use for a screen. I need about 10-15' minimum coverage, something that stays green in the winter time, doesn't require a lot of pruning (It can grow wild) and has the fasted growth rate. I though about a leyland cypress but I read somewhere that they can grow to 50' tall without pruning. Another plant I am trying to learn about might work well and that is a oakleaf holly. How fast do oakleaf holly's grow and does it look like that will fill my needs? Thanks a lot for any advice.

Reply to
LL

"LL" wrote

Your location would be very helpful!

Reply to
Toni

Oops. I live in Southern Indiana. I can't remember what zone that is, maybe 6.

Reply to
LL

Leyland Cypress can grow to 50', but if you trim every two years they will grow and stay at the desired height required. i have a beautiful screen around my garden and they only require pruning every two/three years to keeep at a reasonable height.

Reply to
wavwarrior