for the moment

for the moment you will be seeing Dragonryder on the newsgroup instead of madgardener. Her computer is down, I am about to leave to go out on the road and she has no way of using her computer until I return. Any posts or contacts to her go ahead and send them anyway as she says she is going to go to the local library to use their computer until hers is fixed. I am also going to let her use my computer downstairs, but until I can give her the passwords and tell her how to log on to her server and e-mail, it might take her awhile. And since I don't have her address book, it would be helpful to her if you gave her a holler so she can add your address to my computer for the time being. I appreciate your kindness and patience. There is nothing like computer problems rising their ugly heads when you're about to leave town. Oh and by the way, when she does get online, it will have my signature instead of hers. But I'm sure she will identify herself. I'm sending this as a courtesy for her and will inform her when she gets back from her errands and discovers I haven't fixed the problem with the connections yet and will be unable to do so until I return. I apologize for any inconveniences that she will have with messages and responses. On a garden note, I see that despite the frigid temperatures, my loony wife was outside on the kitchen deck planting something in yet another container until she got too cold and came inside. :) That's why I love her, she gets such joy in gardening. Now come springtime she will drag me outside to show me her little flowers in that container and any other container and spot in her flowerbeds.

Again, thanks for your patience with her and having to use my computer once I convince her that's all she has for the time beings.

Sincerely, Dragonryder,

Reply to
John Catron

You're a good man, John Catron (a.k.a. Dragonryder)! I know the computer is her outlet for dreams, speculation, and friends. I know why she speaks (writes) so highly of you.

A belated cyperspace happy birthday to Marilyn (Madgardener) and a successful road trip to you on.

John

Reply to
B & J

"B & J" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

And what you speak is the absolute truth, Brudder. You blew me away with your sweet birthday card honey. It came at a time I needed cheering up. And now I have to make the drive into Knoxville to get Sugar a muzzle because with ALL of us at work tomorrow, she will rip shit tear ass whatever she so desires as Squire was unable to rig up something to contain her while we are gone. A muzzle is humane, she can still drink but not rip things up. This is because after putting her and Rose back in my car Monday night when I went to visit Mary Emma in town, (she was causing too much aggrivation and was bumping into her and she has fibro myalgia very badly and hasn't recovered from her near death experience) fifteen minutes later when I went out to leave, I discovered first that I had a rear arm rest. Or HAD. Sugar in her anxiety and stress of me putting her in the car and not returning for whatever her reasons were in her little disturbed mind, she pulled the armrest down and proceeded to tear the material and foam to complete and total shreds. I was floored. She has never done this in the past, there was a raw hide chew bone for her to do with, but it was ME she was acting out on because she had gotten in the front seat with Rose and taken my dayrunner off the front floorboard and ripped off the leather tab from the zipper. Had I been ten more minutes I'm sure my day runner would have been torn to shreds too. She was acting out on ME. So instead of dropping her off at the pound like I felt like doing (the temps were going to the single digits that night) and the vet was closed or I would have possibly put her down (no flames please, because I love this dog but don't have the time or money to put out for a correctional class). We decided since Squire was leaving that a muzzle was the best route for now.

Lets pray that it is. If she escapes that and destroys the house tomorrow while I'm at work, her fate is decided. Despite how much I love her and how much Rose likes her company, if this doesn't work, she's gone. The perennials she's destroyed are insignificent. They will eventually be replaced. The office chair is not totaled, I can still sit in it, just one corner is gone. My car armrest is gone for good, I covered the back of the seat with a nice Mexican throw. She didn't rip the seat or back, it was just the arm rest.

But when we went to LOTR-Return of the Kings and was gone for 7 hours, she destroyed a $60 futon cover. It wasn't the futon mattress, that would have been $800 damage...........the waterbed sheet has been patched with magic fibre and until I can afford to buy another sheet, it will do. The flowerbeds now have wire laid across them. But if I come home to her having escaped the muzzle and done damage, she's sealing her fate and back at the humane society. End of kvetching about her. This is her last chance. I don't care how smart and sweet she is the rest of the time, she has a behavior problem and this is the best I can do. I will not beat or whip this dog because that's not how you do things. FEar is not a factor here.

On a garden note............yes I WAS outside planting bulbs in the cold the other day. I just didn't think Squire was noticing. Just goes to show you that we don't always know when ya'll are paying attention

He left and is in South Carolina dropping off a load. He's passing thru on his way somewhere else tonight and will be able to pick up the covers, pillows and coffee maker he left in our truck when I brought all his stuff once they assigned his truck to him.......he'd forget his head if it weren't tacked on, and he was running behind because of problems with his truck they had to fix before he could leave. This will be a two week at a time stint with time home in between for a couple of days. But with the new law starting up Tuesday, he'll drive 14 and have to rest 10 which isn't a problem with my literal and precise trucker. He does things by the book anyway.

It looks like my computer refuses to talk to his which is the hub and main one in the network, so I am resigned to come downstairs in his dragon cave and get online until he's home to fix it. It figures this happens when he leaves................ later, road trip. madgardener up on the ridge, back in fairy holler, overlooking a cold English Mountain in EAstern Tennessee zone 7, Sunset zone 36 where we're expecting nasty weather tonight.

Reply to
John Catron

"John Catron" expounded:

Aw, John, you're so sweet! What a lovely thing to write.

And we all love Maddie, too, for her flowers and fairies and sharing!

Reply to
Ann