For Charlie - re:hot sauce

Page 3 of 3

I've just written about that in another thread. If you know anyone travelling to the UK, they will be able to buy E45 over the counter at any UK chemistshop/pharmacy.

You didn't come across as a know all at all. Don't worry about it.
Every newsgroup has attention seeking pests like your emailer,, called trolls, I don't bother reading any of their trash.
Janet
On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 08:14:42 -0400, "Rachael Simpson"

One of the downsides of using your real addy.... the outside world is able to invade your gridh at will.
OTOH...using an unaccesible, not munged, addy often earns one the label of troll, among other things.
You can't be all things to all people, I've tried that in the past and you are doomed to failure from the git-go.
Mis-understanding is quite common on the Usenet.
Be yourself, if that is possible for any of us Charlie

One of the irritants to eczema, is sweat, and getting too warm, especially at night. Vinyl and rubber near the skin promote sweat and skin heating. Make sure you have a good layer of cotton (not polyester) mattress padding between the vinyl and the pure cotton bottom sheet, to wick away any sweat.

Not always. One of my son's allergens, was the UK's biggest and most famous brand of baby products at the time, (Johnstons) which is still marketed as gentle and safe for the tenderest skin. "Baby" market products nearly all contain perfume :-( to make babies smell nice, and a range of petroleum-based emollients. I learned to avoid "baby" products like the plague.

http://www.filetti.co.uk/filetti/about.cfm
(Don't use any biological washing agents, on his clothes, towels or bedding). An extra cold rinse cycle in the machine after the normal wash, can also help remove detergent traces.
Will

It's the very neutral water- base-cream used by UK pharmacists to make up prescription ointments and salves. The cream itself is available over the counter without prescription in every UK chemist shop )pharmacy. You should be able to buy it from UK sources if not in the USA

You have all my sympathy. I know exactly the feeling of a desperate mother of a sleepless, limb-thrashing child who is crying in pain and irritation.. I had a red raw baby from the age of 3 months. People used to look in his pram and recoil in horror. First task of the morning was to soak the sheets off the baby where the blood and serum had glued him to them in the night. But having said all that, I found the hard way, that the very simplest treatments produce far more comfort and relief than the many and complex prescribed ones we tried.
Another son's eczema (and behavioural outbursts) were triggered by artificial food additives, especially food colourants in the yellow/orange/red spectrum. I would strongly recommend a month's trial of eliminating those from the family's diet; it means cooking from scratch with raw ingredients, and a complete ban on all manufactured/convenience foods especially coloured and artificially flavoured drinks and sweets.
Janet.
contains these words:

worse, it does on myself. But i hadn't thought about the vinyl matress and sweating from it - i do use a waterproof - hypo-allergenic mattress pad, but i don't use it always - will start doing that. i think it's all cotton: will have to check on that though.

thanks for the link - checking them out now

about the extra wash part. that makes a lot of sence - gonna start doing that also. might have to wait til after the drought though....well's starting to go dry!
>>Also gonna try getting the E45.

wanted to hide in the closet and not let anyone see me. so bad on my scalp that my hair started falling out. haven't had many break-out with eczema myself since i gave birth to him. although i would rather have to have it all myself than see him suffer from it like he does.

sometimes a bit of tea (decaff!). his only "junk-food" is potato chips. already watch out for red dye food products. for some reason he can climb walls after eating/drinking something with red food colouring in it! lol
Thanks so much for the ideas - you don't know how much i appreciate it! Rae
get this, the detergent i use is the US version of your Filetti.
guess i'm alright in that department then!
rae

Rachael, chemicals are more soluble in hot water than cold. Hot water is best, warm is good, cold is better than nothing. Chemists rinse three times and count to twenty when the dripping starts and that's for glass, with cloth, spin dry and re-soak.
Good Luck,
Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

thanks! but doesn't hot water make pure cottons shrink? or maybe i'm mixing it up with another material.........
Rae

Your probably right about the cotton but the hot water is more effective in removing any chemical residue.
The message

Pure cotton is almost the only material that can survive repeated boiling! Pay a tiny bit more for pre-shrunk cotton; or buy a bigger size in cheap cotton and shrink it to the right size on the first wash. It won't KEEP shrinking on subsequent washes.
Janet (in a baggy new cheap Tee-shirt, expected to shrink but it didn't).

Racheal wool is a wonderful product for waterproofing but as Janet mentioned should never be in contact with the skin of sensitive people. It is wonderful though for warmth if wet and will act as a buffer between the vinyl mattress and the sheet. It's even better if it's felted (such as an old woollen blanket cut up to fit the mattress and then run thhrough a hto wash then cold rinse a few times).

Half a cup of vinegar (but a good quality naturally brewed one such as malt vineger) added to the rinse cycle also gets rid of detergent residues and shouldn't cause any allergy reaction.

Some bought "natural " juices contain preservatives and other additives, even colours :-(.

Lots of colouring.

Been there too..I used to think it was like watchuing someone get very drunk very fast. In that state D would climb (anything) then jump off the highest point in a reckless and disinhibited way, apparently feeling no pain when he crashed to the ground.
Janet.

alu min Ium. aluminIum.
rob

Rob, here in 'Merica we have our own special way of screwing up the English language, no doubt about it;-) North of us, up in Canada, they have the same misconception. Here it is 4 syllables, not 5.
We are many people separated by a common language.

I know, I just thought I'd pick a fight.
rob
Tomato - as in Tom r to z - as in zed

though...............i got's other things t' worry about now! lol

Rob, no sense in making an unnecessary effort. We be 'Mericans. Sack and Pillage is our middle name. What 'chew got that we wants? Them pesky Canadians somehow got our water on their land but it is only a matter of time before we take it back, quicker than you can say,"Bob's your Uncle". You wouldn't have room for about 32,805,041 refugees, would you? Of course it would go quicker if'n we had a leader with some smarts. You may have heard about our present leader. He is about as sharp as a bowling ball.
What you trying to say 'bout 'maters? Step up boy and stop mumbling. Tom r 2 z? Don't understand. Pie r squared. I think but, that don't rightly make much sense teither (or is it teether?). Now you getting me all confused.
Anyway, let us know what you got and, when would be a good time to send the stealth bombers to pick it up.
Uh, one question 'fore you go. When you catch a few zeds, doesn't it get a might noisy?

well, maybe not picking a fight, rather just being mischiveous/aeveous/eveous (or however you spell it correctly).
rob
I don't catch zeds, I have a snooze.
What was your gardening weather like this year, cold, hot, sunny, overcast? Big storm is supposed to be hitting eastern Australia. Are you catching any of it? What do you do with your garden in the winter, cover crop, nothing?
- Billy -Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)