For Charlie - re:hot sauce

I'm seriously having a choke-up laughing fit. Four damns in one itty bitty post.

I thought perhaps this might be a bit interesting to you and sure 'nuff.

To Your Health Billy You made my day, brudda. Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Apparently, high levels of aluminum are found in the cerebral cortex in Alzheimer's patients. Aluminum doesn't migrate much but because it is a metal, it will dissolve in the presence of acid (citric, ascorbic, oxalic, ect.). Cooking instructions always tell you to do sauces with acids in them in enamel pans and pots because iron or aluminum can change the color and taste of the sauce.

The other way not to get Alzheimer's is to not get old or, have circulatory problems like high blood pressure, high triglycerides or, high cholesterol.

A lot of it is hereditary but why push your luck. If you make too many bad bets, one is sure to come in.

You sound like your young enough and, have time to make adjustment.

To your health,

- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Billy Rose

Does perspiration contain enough acid to dissolve and allow the skin to absorb aluminum from anti-perspirants?

I've been using a mineral salts stick for awhile, seems to work fine, at least the cat is not trying to cover me up.

I'd like to add to that Bill. One segment of the population is nearly guaranteed to get Alzheimer's, some times rather early onset.....people with Down's syndrome. Doctor's and neurologists often start people with Down's syndrome on Aricept, sometimes at a young age. Namenda may be added as the disease progresses.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

That's cool! I was homeschooled by my grandmother. Well, actually I was practically raised by Nana & Papa. My dad left when I was 7 and my sister was 6 months. So, I had to grow up at an early age. Things were very bad then - when my dad left - he left us with nothing but the clothes on our back - quite literally. My mom had taken us to spend the day with my great-granny and then we went to church from there (it was a wednesday). When we got home, the whole house had been emptied out. We found out the next day that he had already told the landlords that we were moving and he had arranged to have the power and phone cut off too. My Papa went and bought us a trailer straight out and had it put by their house. I went to public school thru 5th grade - then Nana taught me from there. In turn, I basically raised my sister and taught her. Mama worked almost 24-7 it seemed. She was the breakfast manager and the night shift manager where she worked. So by the time she would get home at night which was usually around

1 or 2 in the AM, of course I would already have my sister in bed long before then. She had to work like that to make ends meet. She had no help from my dad and no help from the government. As a result at the age of 12, I had gotten a public job to help with the income. I also sang at local churches for love offerings. It still burns me up how I could see the "system" help the "lazy's" and turn down those who really tried.

I definitely know how broke feels. Been there all my life. I am the queen of cutting corners and watching spending budgets. My husband has his own hay farming operation, and he helps out other farmers around here. We don't want for anything we need, but of course there are always the wanting for things that we don't really need. My internet service is my only splurge. I was forced to come out of work while pregnant with wyatt. I almost mis-carried 17 times in that one pregnancy. So that's when we decided that if God let that baby live, then I would stay home with him. I will go back to work if need be, but right now, we get by. Besides, with gas prices and daycare fees, it's more reasonable to stay home.

oh, yeah, you did.

It's amazing what the great outdoors (when cared for properly) can do for people.

I know exactly what you mean. I have seen that result with my Papa (he had parkinson's, that was complicated with a touch of Alz) Before he retired he was a county extension agent, and after retirement he worked as a dealer/agent for Asgrow Seed Co. He stayed with Asgrow until his health made it impossible for him to continue work. She kept him at home as long as she could on her own. (we had already moved by then, but still visited once or twice a week)

Oh, yeah............difinitely know those.

Same here

most definitely

Same to you!

hahahahaha (sarcastically) yeah real wonder ain't?

Thanks for sharing with me. I can really understand where you are coming from. Feb. 06, my other grandpa became ill. (he was actually my step-dad's father, but with me and Pops, we were closer than he was with his own flesh and blood grandchildren.) When he came out of the hospital, a majority of the family wanted him in a nursing home. He was 82, he had lived his life they said. He was perfectly fine for his age, he just needed help getting up and down, etc. I saw it as an opportunity to help him in the ways that I couldn't help my Papa. He moved into my mother's house. (our trailer was too small for a wheelchair and all that he needed) I took care of him everyday until he died on oct. 21, 06. My mother is disabled now, so she couldn't do much for him. I became pregnant with Breanna Grace during that time. The Lord blessed me to have a normal pregnancy that time so I could continue to be with Pops and look after him. How he loved it when we would go outdoors and he could see the garden and direct the gardens care. He especially loved the rides around the country to see the farms and fields. My only regret is that I couldn't keep him here long enough to see my Breanna. If your grandson is anything like my son, then the others that stay with you probably get just as much enjoyment out of having him around as my Pops did having Wyatt around. Wyatt provided endless hours of entertainment to him.

Oh well, I need to get off here - it's only taken me since 6:30pm to get this response typed out. I had to stop to check the supper pots, change the diapers, etc. Anyway - now it's time to get the munchkins to bed.

Thanks again for sharing. I'm a good ear for medical venting too.............. maybe i didn't bore you with part of my story.

love, Rae

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

yep - knew that part

when someone can figure out a way to not get old, let me know..............

oh, i try not too, but the way they come up with new "these are now bad for you"s who knows what anyone may have inadvertently done or used. I try to be as "green" as I can. I even make my own household cleaners. Of course, that helps cut corners cash wise too. I definitely try not to push my luck and I agree with you on the bad bets. i just don't see how they can single out aluminum as the cause of alz. i guess i can understand the effect that the aluminum can have in an alz patient, i just want to learn more as it does run in my family. it's reared it's ugly head in every generation as far back as i can trace my Papa's family history. my papa was the last to have it. none of his children have been diagnosed with it yet, and i pray that the chain has ended, but yet i can't help but wonder what i can be doing to try to keep it from showing up in my generation.

I'm always ready to learn more.............

your's too!

Rae

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

Bore me? Hardly.

More later, for sure, keep an eye out.

I think we have frightened the folk hereabout. ;-)

This all brings to mind another song that some of the boys wrote a long time ago, it seems.

Care and Love Charlie _____________________________________

You who are on the road Must have a code that you can live by And so become yourself Because the past is just a good bye.

Teach your children well, Their father's hell did slowly go by, And feed them on your dreams The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry, So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

And you, of tender years, Can't know the fears that your elders grew by, And so please help them with your youth, They seek the truth before they can die.

Teach your parents well, Their children's hell will slowly go by, And feed them on your dreams The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry, So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

Reply to
Charlie

Just like "Judgment Day", the hammer could fall anytime and we'd all find ourselves confined in football stadiums.

Sieg Heil

- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Billy Rose

Le plus assurément

Je suis dur pour attraper des unawares

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Hey ya'll,

came across another sauce recipe - I'm planning to try tonight. thought it might interest you two.

Sweet-Hot Strawberry Barbecue Sauce

Published in: Knoxville News

2 cup fresh strawberries -- hulled and sliced 1/3 cup strawberry preserves 1/3 cup ketchup 2 tablespoons soy sauce 2 tablespoons lemon juice 1 large garlic clove -- minced 1 teaspoons fresh chopped ginger 1/2 teaspoons cayenne powder 1/2 teaspoons fresh grated lemon zest 1 scallion -- minced 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro -- chopped

Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Serve with fowl, fish, pork or beef. Yield: 2 cups.

Exported from A Cook's Books -- Recipe management for Macintosh

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

I say ol' chap. I don't quite get your banter ol' man. A bit sticky, what? Would you mind terribly running that phrase through your "Enigma" machine again. That's a good chap. I say, what I'm reading ol' man is,"Most assuredly, I am hard to trap some unawares". Be a good rotter and, give it another go, ol' man. I say, rather, pip pip, cheerio oh, and all that sort of thing.

Wha'cha think Charlie? That there is what's called Eng-leesh. Kinda weird, uh? See ya at the next parlay. Keep your powder dry.

- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Billy Rose

Here's the deal, old chap.

I first have to run your msg thru the predigestor, to determine the level of encryption...or if there is any. THen it has to be run thru several other boxes, to determine the possible meanings.

THen the meatware has to make a determination and rerun, in reverse, and then the meatware has to again make a decision and choose amongst the varied responses.

Damn. It's confusing business, this. So please disregard garbled responses, by then it is too late for any retrieval of the original computations and output.

Really gotta run, I have become stupis and must be retrained.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Why thank kew Rachael. This goes on the meat for the last twenty minutes and then is served as a garniture?

- Billy Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
Billy Rose

no prob! the recipe wasn't specific for the sauce's use, but that's how I'm gonna try it. Oh yeah, got the recipe from rec.food.recipes

I'm on that group too, but mainly just read it - don't post much.

Rae

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

Hi Bill, How ironic it has become to me that we struck up a conversation on aluminum. Two weeks ago, the Peds doc did a allergy blood test on my son. he has a severe case of eczema as well as allergies. results in today - guess what one of his allergies are..............yep - right train of thought! ALUMINUM!!! most of the creams they tried to treat his eczema with had aluminum (in some form or 'nother) in them. Which is why treatment made it worse. Due to test results, we have some major project we will have to undertake here at home. (carpet was another red flagger, so that has to go.) Anyway - the aluminum factor kinda threw me off guard there, and was highly ironic to me.

Tearin' up the house now - to rid all "factors"

Rae

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

The message from "Rachael Simpson" contains these words:

Whoa. It's impossible to de-sensitise his entire environment; and doing so would not help him build up any tolerance for when he's in other environments. MOST children do build tolerances then completely outgrow eczema. Ours did.

A few tips; I suggest, you start instead with his bedroom; he probably spends a third of his life in it. We used, smooth washable floor, window blind not curtain, good mattress cover, pure cotton sheets and PJ's, (no polyester mixes) low allergen covers and pillow, frozen and laundered regularly to reduce dustmites. Damp-wipe all hard surfaces daily (plain water, takes moments once you get fast) Wash his bedding and clothes separate from the rest of the family, using a low-allergen unscented powder We used a brand called Filetti. The rest of the house had normal curtains, carpets etc. As a toddler one son liked a washable cotton playmat so he never had to sit on wool carpet while playing or watching TV. Our kids wore only cotton, never wool or synthetics.

Wash him in plain water only, no soap, lotions, potions, powders.. I can assure you water is enough to get the filthiest mud-covered boy perfectly clean:-) if/where his skin is dry use a very simple safe plain emollient like E45 , ask a pharmacist for it.. Try never to get on the steroid-cream roundabout.

We also got really good results from a course of homeopathic medecine from our family doctor, but we only ever use homeopathy prescribed by someone who is both, a fully qualified and practising doctor of medicine and fully qualified in homeopathy.

HTH

Janet.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

I'd consider Aluminum similar to Nickel. By this I mean metals. Janet's advice is great BTW.

Bill

Below may be of interest.

Don't let all the numbers disturb you.

Here is the gist with which to consult with your doctor.

CONCLUSIONS: High prevalence figures were found for atopic diseases, hand eczema and allergic contact dermatitis, and the diseases were closely associated. A considerable number of adolescents still suffers from AD, and a considerable sex difference was noted for hand eczema and allergic contact dermatitis.

Nickel allergy and perfume allergy were the major contact allergies.

In the future this cohort of eighth grade school children will be followed up with regard to the course and development of atopic diseases, hand eczema and contact dermatitis.

Br J Dermatol. 2001 Mar;144(3):523-32. Links Prevalence of atopic dermatitis, asthma, allergic rhinitis, and hand and contact dermatitis in adolescents. The Odense Adolescence Cohort Study on Atopic Diseases and Dermatitis.

Mortz CG, Lauritsen JM, Bindslev-Jensen C, Andersen KE. Department of Dermatology, Odense University Hospital, DK-5000 Odense C, Denmark. BACKGROUND: Atopic diseases are common in children and adolescents. However, epidemiological knowledge is sparse for hand eczema and allergic contact dermatitis in this age group. Furthermore, no population-based studies have evaluated the prevalence of atopic diseases and hand and contact dermatitis in the same group of adolescents. OBJECTIVES: To assess prevalence measures of atopic dermatitis (AD), asthma, allergic rhinitis and hand and contact dermatitis in adolescents in Odense municipality, Denmark. METHODS: The study was carried out as a cross-sectional study among 1501 eighth grade school children (age 12-16 years) and included questionnaire, interview, clinical examination and patch testing. RESULTS: The lifetime prevalence of AD was 21.3% (girls 25.7% vs. boys 17.0%, P < 0.001) using predefined questionnaire criteria. The 1-year period prevalence of AD was 6.7% and the point prevalence 3.6% (Hanifin and Rajka criteria). In the interview the lifetime prevalence of inhalant allergy was estimated as 17.7% (6.9% allergic asthma, 15.7% allergic rhinitis). The lifetime prevalence of hand eczema based on the questionnaire was 9.2%, the 1-year period prevalence was 7.3% and the point prevalence 3.2%, with a significant predominance in girls. A significant association was found both between AD and inhalant allergy, and between AD and hand eczema using lifetime prevalence measures. The point prevalence of contact allergy was 15.2% (girls 19.4% vs. boys 10.3%, P < 0.001), and present or past allergic contact dermatitis was found in 7.2% (girls 11.3% vs. boys 2.5%). Contact allergy was most common to nickel (8.6%) and fragrance mix (1.8%). CONCLUSIONS: High prevalence figures were found for atopic diseases, hand eczema and allergic contact dermatitis, and the diseases were closely associated. A considerable number of adolescents still suffers from AD, and a considerable sex difference was noted for hand eczema and allergic contact dermatitis. Nickel allergy and perfume allergy were the major contact allergies. In the future this cohort of eighth grade school children will be followed up with regard to the course and development of atopic diseases, hand eczema and contact dermatitis.

Reply to
William Wagner

Thanks for the input and info. Unfortunately, I, myself, am one of the few who did not out-grow eczema. I have battled it on and off for a majority of my life. Alot of the suggestions you offered I already put to use. We are talking severe eczema. my son's peds doc claims he's never seen a case like this. Novartis (the company that produced Elidel) is using my son's medical records as research for them, although I don't let them use him for it. We have tried several topical creams, steriod & non-steriod based. Right now, I am willing to try anything, cause I hate to see him suffer so. I know how he feels, I have been there.

Don't let my hubby hear you say too much about the carpet ordeal.................I really want to get the carpet out of the bathroom! LOL I'm sure you can understand that one...........

He still has the mattress from his crib - when i bought his crib I made sure it was one of those convertible types so we could save money in the long run there. the mattress a hypo-allergenic one with the vinyl covering.

I wash his, mine, and my daughters clothes all in baby detergent. I figured that was as safe as it gets. Never seen or heard of Filetti. Will try to find some though and give it a try. Also gonna try getting the E45. Don't remember hearing about that. They have gave me scripts for compound creams that most of the pharmacist had never heard of. One pharmacist had but he said he hadn't seen scripts for those kind of creams in 40 years or better. (he's 82, owns the store, suppposedly retired!)

i know i can't take away everything. but sometimes i think that anything has to be better if it can help try to "cure" it. you know how it is when it comes to your kids............

thanks again for the info and let me know if you have anymore ideas/knowledge as to what will help!

Rae

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

i agree wholeheartedly with you about janet's advice. thanks for the article on ezcema & dermatitis. read thru it - but gonna sit down and really read it after the kids go to bed 2nite. i can concentrate more on what i am reading then! lol

thanks! rae

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

alu min Ium. aluminIum.

rob

Reply to
George.com

Rob, here in 'Merica we have our own special way of screwing up the English language, no doubt about it;-) North of us, up in Canada, they have the same misconception. Here it is 4 syllables, not 5.

We are many people separated by a common language.

Billy Rose