Flowering aquatic plants for zone 4?

Are there any good flowering aquatic plants that would be good for zone 4? ( Denver area )

I have this heavy steel tub out in the yard. We don't even know what the heck it is. It's open on the top but not the bottom. I tried putting some strawbrries in there but they sat in water, the thing doesn't drain enough. ( it has one hole in the bottom, about 1/2" square but it's not enough )

So are there any kinds of plants that I can put in it, that will do well sitting in water and maybe give me some nice flowers?

Reply to
Mama Bear

Some of the water loving irises would look nice in there.

Steve

Reply to
Steve