Flowering houseplants

Can I use african violet food on any of my other flowering houseplants...for example: lipstick plant..peace lilly..anthurium..christmas cactus? I sometimes have some left over after my violets and don't want to waste it.

Also, I use Bloom plus or Bloom booster on my outdoor flowering plants. Can I use these on indoor plants to help them bloom?

Thanks much, Em

Reply to
Emerald

Sure!

Sure!

YAY!

Reply to
Tom Randy

'Round here a full jug of fertilizer water gets spread around as much as possible. Flowering ferts for flowering plants but other than that I don't draw too fine a distinction.

Reply to
Toni

Sure you can but don't get your hopes up expecting the other plants to bloom.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

I make up a gallon of African Violet food and keep it in a (recycled) plastic jug with a screw-on lid. I fill the watering can, water the AFs, then return the unused portion back into the plastic jug. The jug lasts a long time, plus it is always at room temperature.

Many fertilizers intended for outdoor use can also be used for houseplants, although at a much diluted rate. It should state this amount on the directions. If the manufacturer does not state this, I would not recommend its use indoors. I will use fish emulsion on my houseplants, but only when they are outdoors for the late-spring/summer/early-fall months. Some fertilizers are just too strong for potted plants, such as cow manure--although manure "tea" can be used if diluted properly.

Reply to
Phisherman

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice!

Em