Feeding of Roses ?

Page 2 of 2

Let us know how your Ozette potatoes work out.
--
- Billy
'Billy[_10_ Wrote: > ;884806']In article g9GdnUyr_a9F4U7WnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.localnet,

> from

> in

> products.

> gallon

> (http://tinyurl.com/2t7wl6 )

> products ?-

> America

> (http://tinyurl.com/r3rzq )

> (http://tinyurl.com/2qml72 )

> Food Web (9780881927771): Jeff Lowenfels, Wayne Lewis: Books' > (http://tinyurl.com/42tp2m )

> Pollan

> (http://tinyurl.com/5ume6j )

An ideal spot for roses is an eastern exposure that receives the morning sun; avoid plating your roses where there are obstructions that create shade.Proper plant nutrition is easy and simple to provide with the use complete plant food that supplies all the vital elements needed from the soil.
--
kelvinwaugh

You're the one who has "some sort of mental disorder". Have you had your head up your *** these last nine years? Do you know what Bush's puppet-masters first called his Iraq war ? "Operation Iraqui Liberation". Then somebody noticed what the first letter of each word spelled. The name was hastily changed to "Operation Iraqui Freedom".
The war was started because the Iraqui dictator got too big for his britches. He actually wanted to do away with OPEC -- the deal made between the US and the Saudis: Those sand jockeys could cut off all the thieves' hands they wanted. They could keep women as property, with no rights and no freedom. They could outlaw public expression and imprison or kill dissenters. They could forbid practice of any religion other than the ultra- reactionary Wahabi version of Islam.
In short, they could do anything they wanted internally AS LONG AS THEY KEPT THE PRICE OF OIL STABLE!!!!
So when Saddam Hussein comes along and threatens to shake up this great deal -- PLUS he wanted to denominate oil purchases in EUROS instead of the sacred DOLLAR-- that man has to go!
If he hadn't threatened to rock the oil boat, he could have kept right on dipping his Sh'ia enemies in acid and dropping poison gas on a community that defied him. The U.S. couldn't care less what he did internally AS LONG AS HE DIDN'T INTERFERE WITH OPEC!
Case closed.
You're also more than a little confused about the "crowd" you're assailing. "America First: was a pro-Nazi group before WW II. "Hate America" is what some deluded people profess, but you don't notice them moving to Yemen or Burma.
Finally, if you're a "student of world history" one has to wonder what your sources have been! This paper of yours gets an "F".

Oops - got carried away there. America First was an ISOLATIONIST

Sorry, I hit Send too soon. America First was not (really) pro-Nazi. Basically they were a powerful isolationist group that was pressuring Roosevelt to keep the U.S. out of WW II, despite what was known about the Nazi plan for world domination.
[...]

I have been using 'Bayer 3 in One' for several years now, expensive but easy and effective. See at their website, http://goo.gl/tO5n
thanks piedmont !!

Another must do, keep debri away from base of plant so that air can flow and keep it dry and trim so that the stem create a circle and do not overlap, so once again, air flow through the circular center is helped.
--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr /

Another vote for the death of the biosphere. Go neo-liberals.
--
- Billy
On 4/24/10 7:50 AM, James wrote:

Roses like abundant nutrients. I follow this schedule --
First feeding of the season, just as leaf buds begin to open, for each plant: small handful of ammonium sulfate, for quick nitrogen large handful of gypsum (calcium sulfate), to break up clay soil 2 TBS iron sulfate, for the iron needed to create chlorophyl 1 TBS Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate), to promote new shoots You will notice that all of these contain sulfur. My soil is alkaline, but roses prefer acid soil.
One month later: Bayer's 2 in 1 Rose and Flower Care This combines fertilizer and systemic insecticide. Although I don't use this as frequently as the label recommends, I never see aphids, spider mites, or similar insects; thus, I never have to spray.
One month later: small handful of ammonium sulfate
Repeat monthly, alternating between the Bayer and the ammonium sulfate.
I cut all amounts in half for a shrublet rose growing in a large flower pot, and increase all amounts 50% for three climbing roses. The last feeding is not later than 15 October since I want growth to slow before I prune around New Year.
Notice that phosphorus -- either bone meal or superphosphate -- is missing. I stir about two handsful of superphosphate into the bottom of each planting hole and then cover it with a little soil that has no fertilizer at all before planting. This should last many years since phosphorus does not readily disolve and leach away. Instead, it must be placed where roots will find it (but not where very new roots are starting to grow). This year, I used 1/4-inch steel rebar to poke holes around some roses that were planted more than 20 years ago. I filled the holes with bone meal, which was less likely to clog the holes than the granular superphosphate and less likely to impact any roots that the rebar directly hit. Phosphorus promotes flowering and root growth.
By the way, do not feed roses in the first year when they are planted, other than phosphorus in the planting holes. You want the roots to grow (phosphorus) and become thoroughly established before you promote foliage (nitrogen).
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

- Billy

Roses love horse manure and really thrive on it, but failing access to that, pelleted poultry poo is also good. I occasionally give my roses some fish emulsion but since I have so many, I just don't have the time to do that (I stopped counting when I got to 112 as I got bored). I give the fish emulsion fairly regularly to those growing in the worst spot.
Absolutely THE best commercially available fertiliser for roses that I've ever found (and which I know is also used by a well respected rosarian with at lest 4 books to her name) is 'Sudden Impact for Roses'. This is a pelleted organic fertiliser available in Australia but I don't know about whehter it's available in the rest of the wrold - it's NPK is 9:4:12.
Always apply a good mulch on top of the fertiliser using one that will rot down into useful feed for the roses (lucerne/alfalfa is good) and make sure they get good air circulation round them.
Rant rant rant, rant. More than one psycho on here in need of medication.
The Hate America First crowd is now on here, full swing !!
I simply post a query about the proper feeding of roses, and this nut starts ranting about America going to war for oil !! Now who do you think is the nut in this crowd ?
Grab your meds, take them, and then PLEASE let's go back to growing roses and other garden items !!
James

With the vibes you send out, I can just see your rosebushes shrinking from your very touch!