Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - Part 2

"Vox Humana" wrote:

Thanks for posting a link to our pictures, Vox... glad you liked them...
We have posted a second group of pictures from the International Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot... you can find them at:
http://www.minandbills.net/disney/tripgals/ifgf2004-gallery2.asp
The reason for my post is I need some help identifying a plant/flower in the second group of pictures.
Can anyone help me identify the red plant/flower shown in picture 29 and again in picture 114?
Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated...
- Bill - concord - minandbill @ minandbills.net See out trip reports and pictures at www.minandbills.net
PS - only use the "start/stop" button for a slideshow if you have a broadband connection... the pictures are large and take a while to load on a slower connection...

the
The plant is Amaranthus, sometimes called the summer poinsettia. http://plantsdatabase.com/go/872.html http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/1688/1
It is sold as a summer annual around here (Cincinnati), but is a less known and underutilized plant.
"concord" wrote

"Vox Humana" wrote

known
Thanks for all your help... it answered the question of one of the folks on a Disney mailing list had about the pictures...
- Bill - concord - minandbill @ minandbills.net See our trip reports and pictures at www.minandbills.net
Pictures from the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
http://www.minandbills.net/disney/tripgals/ifgf2004-gallery2.asp
Please dear folks of Rec.Gardens, I request your help in identifying another flower from our Epcot trip last month...
It is the group of blue flowers in picture 6 and also seen in close-up in picture 100.
Thanks in advance...
- Bill - concord - minandbill @ minandbills.net See our trip reports and pictures at www.minandbills.net
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:15:26 -0400, "concord"

Agapanthus I think.. link to follow, pictures not as nice.. but..looks the same otherwise.
http://www.agapanthus.org.uk /
Janice

Janice wrote:

Thank you very much... my mother-in-law was the one trying to identify it and she thought it was some type of lily...
- Bill - concord - minandbill @ minandbills.net See our trip reports and pictures at www.minandbills.net