Garlic Festival

Last year someone asked me to remind them when the garlic festival was going to be this year but I don't recall who. :-( So I figured I'd post it.

What: Hudson Valley Garlic Festival

When: This weekend (always the last full weekend in Sept)

Where: Saugerties, New York

Website:

I'd caution anyone to go early as it does get very crowded.

If you go, try the garlic ice cream. I did last year and surprisingly enough it was *good*!

Reply to
Steve Calvin

But not nearly as good as the French fries with minced garlic cooked right along with them! Look for a large bearded guy with a skinny curly-haired blonde, probably on Saturday.

Gary Woods

Well of course it's for dessert, after eatin' all the other stuff! Geeze Gary! ;-) I'm kinda partial to the garlic steak sandwiches, or maybe the littlenecks, or maybe...

Not sure if we're going Saturday or Sunday but I need to get my "planters"! Probably Saturday and we usually get there around the time that it opens and are outta there shortly after noon. I'll look something like the mug in this pic.

I don't catch ya, enjoy the eats.

Reply to
Steve Calvin

Souvlaki!

A picture at:

Gary Woods

I'll be on the lookout. We're definately headed up Saturday.

Reply to
Steve Calvin