Effects of fertilizers

Hello All,
After I saw this photo of an enormous flower ( http://www.igman.com/misc/fertilizers-on-your-front-lawn ) I had to ask myself if this plant was for real?
Or, was this plant engineered by humans, and carefully fertilized by super potent miracle grow and other potent fertilizers.
If it's natural, I'd love to have it on my lawn, you'd agree that it would be great fun to rest your yees on its large petals while resting on the front porch.
But if this plant is genetically engineered and if it's size was caused by excessive fertilizing you'd have to ask yourself where is this path taking us. Is this excessive use of inorganic or artificial fertilizers, anhydrous ammonia, nitrogens, superphosphates, diammonium phosphate and other 'nature-friendly' stuff going to pollute the plant up to the point where the process will be irreversible.
The humans are using artificial fertilizers more and more and the modern society is dependant on it as never before. Yet, our generation has responsibility to act and make sure laws and regulations are enacted in order to limit and/or ban use of artificial fertilizers and that we return to more natural ways of raising crop and our precious garden plants.
What are your thoughts?
Best,
Vasko
Subject: Effects of fertilizers

The caption below the picture sounds cute, but has absolutely nothing to do with that picture. It's a corpse flower, it's a very rare plant I was lucky enough to see one at my university when it bloomed. It blooms about once every 10 years.
It's supposed to smell like a rotting corpse, it didn't smell like one to me, but it's still not a pleasant smell. You can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_arum
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

It's just a normal everyday male flower that had been experimenting with Vitamin V. It just got a little excited after having the female visitor.
That's an amazing flower...
Where is it found
S.
Susumu wrote:

It's a corpse plant it's found in the jungles of Indoneasia, and in university greenhouses or research gardens. It's a rare flowering plant, blooms about once a decade.
It gets the name corpse plant because when it blooms it smells like a rotting corpse. Like the previous poster said, you can read more about it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_arum
-S

I think you are an absolute idiot.

I am 100% positive there are no absolutes.
-paghat the ratgirl
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html