Eastern Massachusetts: w

JB>Egad! There are little worms, green and otherwise, making tatters of my tre JB>leaves--esp. those of the maples. Will the trees survive this onslaught? D JB>anything, preferably nontoxic, stop them? If something like dormant oil spr JB>would work, I could at least spray my little Japanese maples. On Monday, I JB>will call my arborist. Thanks. I don't have any help for you and hope they don't migrate here to Medford. Please keep us advised (except for a Norway maple tearing up our front sidewalk we like to seen eaten or gone 8-(.
BTW Might you have a gandmother originally from PEI that married a movie projectonists and settled here in Medford Hillside about 70 years ago?
Ciao, OldAck.
--
# SLMR 2.1a # We now the speed of light, but what's the speed of dark?
* Origin: BBS Networks @ www.bbsnets.com [8010] (8:8/62)

They're in Medford, for sure. They're all over the state.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Ann wrote:

Especially in my yard! :-( I will have to use the oil and sticky stuff this fall and hope that helps. Here I was just looking at the trees when they leafed out and thinking we had perfect shade cover. Now, all the trees look ratty. I haven't even had the heart to look at our two apple trees after I read that article. From the window, the look bad. I also haven't investigated the oaks.
The only good thing I can say is that the most of my Japanese maples don't look as bad as the other ones. I have to find some screening to put over my little seedlings though.
--
Jean B.

snipped-for-privacy@fmlynet.org wrote:

No, why do you ask? I wonder how long these hideous things are in a larval stage? :-(
--
Jean B.