How to keep dogs off my container plants??

Arman

The pepper spray might work. Pet shops also carry a bitter apple spra that your dog might hate. I have 2 basset hounds that love to chew jus about anything. They will, however, not chew anything that the bitter appl is on. You would have to reapply bitter apple or pepper spray every s often, especially after you've watered the plants or it rains.

Jacqui

Thanks Jacqui !! I live in Dhaka, Bangladesh so pet shops here ar pretty rare and I've never seen them carry the bitter apple spray. Thi weekend though I am going to boil some Neem leaves (medicinal plant bu VERY VERY bitter), cool the mixture and then spray it on the plants Hopefully just the smell of it will gag my two dogs away from th plants.

BTW, I love basset hounds! I think they are incredibly cute and cuddl :) One of mine is a germanshepherd and the other is a dobie X.

Take care, Arman

-- Arman

Reply to
Arman

The Neem leaves could be a good solution. Let me know how they work. I might try to find a Canadian equivalent to try if you have success with that.

And yes, basset hounds are 40 lb lap dogs! They are really loveable!

Jacqui

Reply to
axemanchris

Reply to
J.R. in MI

Perhaps you should offer an alternative choice for your dogs' digging and chewing recreation. How about a sand box with sticks and leather chews buried? When they approach your plants you could scold and direct them to theirs.