Earwigs indoors?

I've always known about earwigs, but in the last month or so I've been finding them everywhere inside. I have absolutely no why they've marched indoors, as they have never been indoors in these large numbers before. Ever.

A while ago I had a problem with moths in my pantry. When I started using the Enviro Safe pantry moth trap

found that it caught not only swarms of moths, but also lots of earwigs and other bugs as well. When I last bought these traps, there was only a couple of these traps per packet, and they were not at all cheap. I know yeast/beer lures slugs and snails like nothing on earth. Surely there must be something simple that lures earwigs. The sticky trap idea is very effective though. Any ideas?

Reply to
Gas Bag

There is, it is moisture and a dark hiding place. They prefer places such as mulch beds and will at times come out, it all depends on the weather.

If you could somehow make a moist place for them to hide you will probably capture a lot of them.

Reply to
Tim

I know that slugs and snails LOVE beer. I've also noticed that when I go to cash in all my empty beer bottles and cans.....cockroaches seem to love the smell of stale beer as well, as there are tons of them in the beer cartons. (getting off the track a bit here). I am trying to find out if earwigs are attracted to beer?

Reply to
Gas Bag