digging up groundcover

I'm trying to remove groundcover from a planter bed. . .gazenias (spelling?). . .anyway, does anybody have any tips for the best way to do this so they don't grow back? Is there a tool that's better than a shovel to dig them up? How deep do you think I have to dig so that they don't grow back? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you reply to this board, could you please also email me so I know the reply is there? Thanks! -Kevin snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Kevin.... Gazania species shouldn't present any real problems in removal. Just loosen the soil in the bed with a rake or spading fork and pull the plants out. They don't have a deep root system. If you notice something growing back next year, just pull it out. It shouldn't be a recurring problem.
Best, Tyra nNJ usa z7ish