Herbicide that kills grass but not groundcover?

Hi,

I am trying to establish a larger area of groundcover (ajuga). It has been a losing battle to the grass even though I have weeded and mulched frequently. Obviously if I could get ahead of the grass for a season or two it would take care of itself. Does anyone know of an herbicide spray that will kill grass but not a broadleaf groundcover such as ajuga.

thank you.

Dennis

Reply to
Winter

I've had fairly good success using a wick applicator and round up around my perennials.

Here's what it looks like, sorta.

Steveo

ornamec 170

Bob

It has

for a

an

groundcover

Reply to
Bob

Bob, will ornamec 170 kill moss? I'd like to kill the grass in large areas where moss is also growing. I just bought some wettable sulphur which will lower the pH, hopefully killing the grass over time, and only making the moss happier.

ornamec 170

Bob

It has

for a

an

groundcover

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

I don't know, but if you find the manufacturers site, I'm sure they list plants it either does or does not kill.

Bob

large areas

which will

making the