Cuttings from Dutchmans Pipe VIne

Is it possible to root cuttings from a Dutchmans pipe vine? I do have root stimulator hormone powder, but would I be wasting my time trying to root these clippings are they a candidate. I had tried to buy a vine previously but had no luck, but a person did give me some cuttings.
Just how does one know what will and what won;t root from a cutting? Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Opinions expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.
I tried to root cuttings from a Dutchmans pipe vine years ago, I didn't know what I was doing either. They did not take. That was the days before the internet. Maybe you should look for the hormone manufactures web site, I bet they have a lot of good advice.
--
peter_may_day

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Roy) wrote in message

I have rooted a few cuttings of Aristolochia and what works for me is a piece of stem with 3 nodes and only one leaf on the center node with the stem set an inch or so into pearlite and the leaf sticking up. I have also had one leaf and just a small piece of stem work. The very ends of the vine don't seem to work but pieces about as fat or fatter than # 2 pencil lead work ok. I have not tried bottom heat yet but I bet it would speed things up.
I germinated seeds this year and have approximately fifty plants ready for sale in about a month. I don't bother trying to root them, but if I did, I'd use aerial rooting techniques.
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:12:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Roy) opined: