Cub Cadet ... Stalling Problem

This 3-year-old tractor has always had a problem stalling when engaging the PTO. Today, it came back from seasonal maintenance. I wanted to give it one last run before retiring it for winter. Kept conking out whenever I tried to activate the mower blades.
Diagnosis and treatment options, please.
take it back to the seasonal maintenance place...it's obvious they didn't "maintain" as thoroughly as they should.
Darwin

DITTO
Perhaps changing places would be a major step forward.

I had a lawnmower that did that when engaging the blade and drive. Problem turned out to be a gummed/crudded up carburetor.
Fixed it by removing the carb bowl (just one bolt held mine in there) and spraying about half a can of carb cleaner up inside from as many angles as I could using the little extension tube that came with the can-- including tipping mower on its side.
Patrick
I raise the deck up and start the mower while the tractor is traveling forward.
Pat I raise the deck up and start the mower while the tractor i
traveling forward.
i certainly would take the lawn tractor back to the people that did th maintenance because it sure sounds like your carb is loaded with jun like pat has mentioned. if its messing up now and u are about to put it away what will it b like when u need it again because if its cold out and u ge condensation and junk in your machine it will be 100 times worse when go to use it again. so yup i sure would be on their case make them take the carb right of and clean the thing properly thats supposed to be part of a maintenanc program for lawn tractors after all isnt it. good luck. sockiescat
-- sockiescat