Cub Cadet ... Stalling Problem

This 3-year-old tractor has always had a problem stalling when engaging the PTO. Today, it came back from seasonal maintenance. I wanted to give it one last run before retiring it for winter. Kept conking out whenever I tried to activate the mower blades.

Diagnosis and treatment options, please.

Reply to
jim

take it back to the seasonal maintenance place...it's obvious they didn't "maintain" as thoroughly as they should.

Darwin

Reply to
DAC

I had a lawnmower that did that when engaging the blade and drive. Problem turned out to be a gummed/crudded up carburetor.

Fixed it by removing the carb bowl (just one bolt held mine in there) and spraying about half a can of carb cleaner up inside from as many angles as I could using the little extension tube that came with the can-- including tipping mower on its side.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Cleburne

DITTO

Perhaps changing places would be a major step forward.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

I raise the deck up and start the mower while the tractor is traveling forward.

Reply to
Pat

have seen many command kohler engines that need the choke on to get the blades going if engine is cold. they run so darn lean. lucas

ds549