Controlling/eliniminating nimblewill

Back in July Pat Kiewicz indentified my lawn weed as Nimblewill. I now have figured out how to control/eliminate it. I put on a pair of Vinyl gloves, followed by a pair of heavy cotton gloves that are saturated with Roundup. I grab any/all of the nimblewill I can find and squeeze it. I keep the gloves saturated with Roundup so the chemicals transfer easily, That seems to transfer enough of the Roundup to do the trick, as the weed turns white//ivory-colored in about 4-5 days. Then, it seems to pull out fairly easy, even the roots. Then I scratch the surface and plant grass seed. Roundup says it is ok to plant 7 days after applying and that is how long I have been waiting. So far I have made pretty good progress. more than 1/2 the lawn is done, on a 100 x 200 foot lot minus house and driveway. Biggedt problem is bending over hours at a time.

You can get a wick wiper to apply the glyphosate that will do the same selective application and not require bending or using up gloves.
David.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've never heard of a wick wiper, where do you get such a thing?

Its a long tubular tank with a handle at one end and a thick rope-like wick loop at the other. You can walk around and dab the wick on to whatever you like at ground level or above. I got one from a hardware store that had a garden section. You could make one without a lot of trouble.
David

Thanks, I'll know what to look for my next venture out.

I went to two local garden-type stores, neither had heard of a tool to dispense weed killer onto a wick or any other type of dispenser. Before I try to build one, I thought I would try to buy one. Do you have a brand name, or maybe some other name by which it would be known?

I had one that was Yates Zero Weed Wand but that is in Oz so you may not have it.
David

I went to two local garden-type stores, neither had heard of a tool to dispense weed killer onto a wick or any other type of dispenser. Before I try to build one, I thought I would try to buy one. Do you have a brand name, or maybe some other name by which it would be known? _________________________________ Here are some cites from both the US and Australia so you can 'see' what they look like: http://www.ilcaustralia.org.au/home/search4.asp?state=WA&page '&MCq&MinC!
http://www.rodgersinc.com/Hand_Wick_Apllicator.htm (I'd be wary of this latter one as the wick is too big - good for really big weeds, but not fine enough for smaller weeds)

Perhaps the op could use this tool ?
<(Amazon.com product link shortened) A6E5O/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid85666748&sr=1-4>
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0JfdP36kI

Bill:
Can you try the website you gave, I couldn't get it to work even when pasting the two lines into my browser?
In article

Amazon may be preventing the URL.
Goggle
WeedBall Herbicide Applicator byA.M. Leonard
Bill
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0JfdP36kI

In article

Worked for me. <(Amazon.com product link shortened) A6E5O/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid85666748&sr=1-4>
Of course if you left the > in as in below <(Amazon.com product link shortened)

the line above.
--
- Billy

http://www.vogelswickweeders.com/hand_models.html