cleaning vinyl siding?

I have white vinyl siding,on one part of the house I have a bunch of small black specks,not sure what it is ,but they are hard and also hard to clean off,I suspect they may be some type of insect eggs ?Would a power washer remove these,the are a lot of them,anybody ever run into this? Thanks
I'd contact a local siding company and ask about the power washer. Could be mold or insect dew (poop). There are cleaners available on the market - spray on, just hose off - be careful of plants around the house.
Kim

I have heard, I think on the Jon Eakes show, that power washers can put water inside the walls. It goes under and thru the little vents in the siding. We have a similar dirty siding problem with what could be mildew (very shady area) and will try one of the cleaners that attach to a garden hose.
Joe Ontario
I get a lot of dirt from a road that goes down one side of the house, as well as green mossy stuff that would like to grow on the siding. About once a year I mix up some cleaner w/bleach in one of my garden sprayers, spray it on the siding, then get a car wash brush that attaches to a hose, and brush/rinse the whole thing. Works great, is pretty quick, and hasn't harmed anything it the last 7-8 years. I'd be afraid that a power washer would not only get water behind the siding, but might even damage the siding itself.

be

Sounds like artillary fungus. The spores are a bitch to remove. YMMV