Bonsaing a crape myrtle

I would like to bonsai my c.m. which is in a 6" pot. How does one go about it? I eventually would have to bring it indoors as the weather cools. Would that harm it?

frames if necessary, to allow seasonal changes. that doesn't mean you can't just have a potted tree, but if you want to do it the "right" way, google "bonsai" and read one of the many sites geared to this hobby.