Crape myrtle in containers

I took a chance this past spring when my 15 year old crape myrtle that I call old faithful has given me 7 babies...sprouts with roots. I planted them in various containers, sizes 12" to 15" and they all took to it well. One in fact is starting to bloom, which its unusual this time of year in NYC. I know its tolerant in milder weather , furthur south, and they don't go dormant..but here it does get cold and faithful thrives in this all year cllimate, but then its planted in the ground. Never even had to mulch it. But this containers I would like to carry over to next year where I may have more permanent places to set them in. Does anyone know if I could just bring them indoors and nurture them or should I plant at least a couple of them outside in my backyard? Its funny, but I read that these crape myrtles are considered as weeds in certain parts of Asia.

Reply to
Wishy13764