Blue Hydrangea?

Page 2 of 2
The used coffee grains are a good way to make the soil more acid. I think you can put it around the plant.
--
Paulo
"Jutta Haas" < snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com> wrote in message
Paulo wrote:

Does it have to be filtered? What about the sludge from the bottom of a French Press coffee pot?
amy
I Guess still ok. Mixi it with the soil around the plant
--
Paulo
"Amy D" < snipped-for-privacy@joimailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
thanks for the tip, I'll try it - the blooms are forming already, so it might be too late. Is there acid in the coffee grounds?

It is acid. I heard you can add now when the flowers are forming....and slowly will change the colours.
Keep us inform of the results.
What kind of Hydrangea u have?
--
Paulo
"Jutta Haas" < snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com> wrote in message

Not a good idea to mix plant matter, that has not been composted, into the soil since the decaying process can leach the nitrogen away from the plant. Lay it on top and let it age there.
Regards,
Hal