april 1st pic

http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_4511_Blue_Ice.jpg
songbird

Blue ice? Isn't that what falls from airplanes? Any way something else seems to have already cornered the name. <http://www.hort.net/gallery/view/apo/amsbi40
"Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul." - The Koran
-
--
US Military budget FYI '09: $737,000,000,000
US Dept of Health and Human Services FYI '10: $78,400,000,000
Wildbilly un-binned wrote:

not a plant name, a description...
http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_4440_Almost_There.jpg
will have an in-between picture in there as soon as i can get it posted...
songbird
songbird wrote: ...

finally got it to go.
the correct viewing order is:
[march 22nd flower almost open]
http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_4440_Almost_There.jpg
[snow storm]
http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_4474_Not_Quite_Yet.jpg
[april 1st flower finally makes it open]
http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_4511_Blue_Ice.jpg
songbird

First color of Spring?
--
US Military budget FYI '09: $737,000,000,000
US Dept of Health and Human Services FYI '10: $78,400,000,000
Wildbilly un-binned wrote: ...

no several types of crocuses were out for a few days before the irises came up.
these irises were supposed to be very early, but i planted them a few weeks late. i would not go by a first year record, but this way i have a baseline record.
hyacynths are starting to show some color. that means the bees are going to be about soon.
songbird
songbird wrote:

Do your gnomes get cold?
David Hare-Scott wrote:

at -5F those few nights the gnomes are still in Florida.
82F the other day, much nicer, gnomes sent "be home soon" postcard by carrier pigeon.
songbird

That looks like my neighborhood (northern Catskills). I had snow and sub zero here a couple weeks ago too:
http://i54.tinypic.com/11s07ba.jpg
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

That background looks like mine also. http://nadrhel.com/Winter.html#4

Nad R wrote:

i'm sure there were many who froze their tushes off... :)
it used to be much more open around but the edges have filled in and grown up. we were looking at some old journals with pictures when it all started 14 years ago. quite a change. eek!
songbird