Acer Japanese

Could any body tell me wht type of compost i should buy for my Japanes
Acer . This small tree resides in a pot on my patio
-- tribon
tribon wrote:

Homemade is the best. You will know what went into it.
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Here's a recipe for poo poo balls:
http://internetbonsaiclub.org/faq/feeding/fertilizer_cakes.html
(If you have a Japanese tree in a pot...then fertilize it Japanese style :>)
John T. Jarrett in Houston

Tex John Wrote:

Hi Tribon,
Just buy a bag of compost at the garden center. You don't need on with manure. Only put an inch on top of the soil if you ar topdressing or you risk smothering the roots.
New
-- Newt
Newt Wrote:

If it's going to live long-term in the container, it's probably best to give it something with a bit more structure. I'd suggest using a mix loam/topsoil and an ericaceous (or lime-free) compost. You could incorporate home-made leafmould or some composted shredded bark. Make sure the pot has good drainage by first putting in a layer crocks, gravel or broken up polystyrene (if you have some to hand).
--
Ornata

Ornata wrote:

Putting a layer of gravel at the bottom of pots is no longer recomended.

USDA Zone 8b
Travis Wrote:

Hi again Tribon,
I don't know what I was thinking when I posted to your before, bu here's some links for growing trees in pots that should be helpful.
http://tinyurl.com/6vpva http://tinyurl.com/3jhwx http://tinyurl.com/5bto2
New
-- Newt