Subject Author Posted Replies

Choose An Indoor Plant
Plants can grow oup not only outdoor but also inside of your house. But there are different ways to choose and take care of indoor plant. Therefore, this video clip should be very helpful and give you...
1
1

Split Hosta?
I am in the midwest US, and need to split some hosta plants at the roots. Should it be done, say, this week? Or wait 'till next spring?? Thx, "Puddin' Of The Dark-Grey Thumb" "Well, there's two trains...
13
13

biodiversity
how many of you use your own seeds over and over again and have seed dating back generations? and if so what? as so much of the things grow are homogenized and we are losing many natural gene...
3
3

Prune and deadhead to shape growth and force blooms
QUESTION: "We have a new home (2 years old) and I have Knockout roses across the front of the house. Some have grown quite bushy and, not being a gardener, I am uncertain when or if I should prune...

Pet Safe Vines?
As some of you had seen I'd been working on a 34x34' dog run off the back of our house for our hounds. I'm finished with the fence and am working on a deck section and 8 foot ramp that will lead from...
26
26

Transplanting Virginia creeper? ? ?
Last year I got a rooting of a Virginia creeper and started it in a pot. Eventually the vine reached two or three feet before the leaves fell off -- presumably seasonal shedding. Now I want to plant...
1
1

Peach tree pruning
This blasted tree is giving me nothing but brown rot peaches and it's a big mess. The butterflies are drunk all spring and the birds and squirrels in love with the fruit, but I need to get radical....
23
23

Mini palm question
Last winter after a rare freeze I rescued a neighbors palm they were throwing away. It is one of those little ones that have several grafts on it. This one has 4 palms growing off the same stalk. Can...
7
7

Fruit tree quickies
We bought a property that has some fruit trees. A couple of peaches, a nectarine, an apple, a couple of apricots, and a couple of almonds. The trees were neglected. One that was near a spigot that was...
8
8

Just stumbled onto..
Just stumbled onto this site which seems pretty nice. From the host of Weekend Gardening on the DIY network.. Oddly, I've never seen it.. But then again, every time I turn on DIY I see Bob Vila's mug...

The Water Bill before Congress
(snip) (whack) > be undertaken at huge public expense..
1
1

Grondverbetering
This message is targeted at the Dutch among us: Ik zoek een site waar ik meer kan vinden over 'grondverbetering ( Iemand een suggestie? Thanks!! Jerr -- Jerry24
1
1

questions on sweet betsy cuttings
Hi Y'all, Someone just gave me some cuttings from a "sweet betsy" bush. Anyway, for whatever reason, she had been trying to root the cuttings in some water in the house. She's had them like this for a...
2
2

Have you Ever Seen?
Ok, I was just looking around the net and ran across some bugs. So it got me thinking about something I've seen only once in my life and I was wondering if anyone else had seen anything like it. Now,...
37
37

Pine sawfly?
Hi, I am emailing from Houston, TX. Recently my neighbor discovered hundreds of caterpillar like insect larvae on his pine tree. They are about 1/2 inch in length, yellow-ish with black dots on their...
7
7