questions on sweet betsy cuttings

Hi Y'all,

Someone just gave me some cuttings from a "sweet betsy" bush. Anyway, for whatever reason, she had been trying to root the cuttings in some water in the house. She's had them like this for a few weeks now. She hasn't seen any signs of growth so she brought them to me! There is still some life in the twigs, but not sure of what to do with it myself. I usually just transplant the cuttings & sprigs directly into it's new home outdoors. Since she was keeping them in water only indoors, should I try to put it outdoors, or continue with indoor care only through the winter?? Kinda thrown me off here...not sure what to do with it. Any help, facts, or suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks! Rae

PS: if you've forgotten or are new here, I'm in the "sandhills region" of NC. And it has been frosting here at night! Finally acting like fall...now if we could only get some more rain!

Reply to
rachael simpson

rachael simpson expounded:

Ah, the problem with common names. Is it this plant? Calycanthus floridus a.k.a. Sweet Shrub, Carolina Allspice, Strawberry Shrub, Bubby Bush, Sweet Betsy

Ann

Yep, Yep! That's it! I couldn't remember the scientific name when I posted my question...

Reply to
rachael simpson