Subject Author Posted Replies

growing cuttings
I have several cuttings growing in a plastic tent-like apparatus. I have forgotten how long they should remain in the tent until I can bring them out of it. Should there be a lot of leafy growth? I...
4
4

Heated planters?
Most plants grow a LOT better when soil temperature is above 60 F. 2 gallon heated planters -- does anyone make them? I'm tempted to roll up a seedling mat and place it into the pot before pouring in...
2
2

viticulture
hey. can anyone here help me with viticulture? Would be great thanks Josi
3
3

Easy Ways To Make Your Flowers Look Great
Have you been put off buying fresh flowers in the past, because you think that you need lots of skill to arrange flowers successfully? Well, the Flowers & Plants Association in UK have some great...

covering fence
Hello Im new here but I have a question. I have alot of fence on my place I would like to cover them with something , not only pretty but one the birds will use. I have jasmine planted on the deck so...
3
3

my tomatos froze
we got a cold spell and my tomatos froze. is there anything i can use them for? Henry
3
3

Chainsaw ALKO - I need any manual
I'm looking for assembly drawing or any manual (electronic version) for chainsaw ALKO KB-4000. I would appreciate it you could help me. Regards
2
2

Baker Creek
Hope this isn't considered spam. Just got an e-mail from BC saying that their new catalog just went to press. It was more of an announcement of all the pickin' and partyin' each sunday in Dec. Catalog...
1
1

pruning
Does anyone know of a good book on pruning? If so, please explain why you think the book you suggest is a good one for someone interested in proper pruning of a tree or other woody plant.
3
3

Tree Pruning
Does anyone know of a good book on pruning? If so, please explain why you think the book you suggest is a good one for someone interested in proper pruning of a tree or other woody plant.
6
6

34,000 wild and cultivated plants
From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2007. Plant Information Online by the University of Minnesota Libraries, Plant Information Online is intended for just about anyone with a green...

Managing Cavity Trees for Wildlife
great article. http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/hardtoget/ntb182/index.htmlA
1
1

Denver area daffodil bulbs
We bought a big bag of like 75 daffodil bulbs from Costco a couple of weeks ago. I SHOULD have planted them then, but haven't had the time. Is there a way I can store them and plant them next spring,...
5
5

great tree book, follow up and question on cuttings
Dirrs Hardy Trees and Shrubs is the best book of the several I looked through. Has great pictures. Thanks whoever told me about it. Several of my cuttings from barberry and hibiscus have taken and are...
2
2

Darn Squirrels
They're lucky they're cute.. Darn squirrels, just found they been munching on my new riding mower seat.. Luckily it's the molded foam kind so beyond making it look bad it's an easy fix with a light...
20
20