Subject Author Posted Replies

Re-introduction
I read awhile back that a tomato was being reintroduced into the US from Europe. Apparently it was once in the US but seemed to go out of favor with gardeners. This year 600,000 seeds were to be...
7
7

Help with identification of tree
Wonder if anybody can clear up some confusion here. Please see the photo, with accompanying caption that explains the question. Thanks much. We thought this was a tulip tree but perhaps not. A...
5
5

Trade for daylily's
Okay, this is what I want. Any and all pink, white, cream colored daylily's. If there is something people want to trade, let me know what you want and if I have it I'll be happy to trade. v
2
2

need help finding shrub
Hello, My backyard is partially facing the street and partially facing the neighbor who has their deck out almost to the property line. Because our lots are small, whenever I go to my backyard I would...
8
8

Amaryllis roots showing on top
One of my healthy amaryllis bulbs is showing roots at the top of the pot. What does this mean? Does it need a larger pot? Jackie
8
8

ot but dealing with eats
Rainy day stuff. Found over in a Bill Billy third link is Diamond. .................
4
4

Vole control
Hi North of Chicago here and the snow is FINALLY melting away. Much to my surpise I have found voles in my yard and making a mess. Any easy solutions to getting rid of them? Thanks for your advice....
2
2

Nanotech Exposed in Grocery Store Aisles
It just keeps getting more interesting, eh? All the more reason to grow yer own. Throw away those mowers and turn the yard into food. Links to FoE and the report in pdf format.
1
1

Selective moss killer
I'm considering three kinds of chemical treatment, but I am not sure of effectiveness or risks to plants or to the pond we have about 2 yards distant (it does have a constant good flow of water to...

Ligustrum
My place has white-tailed deer. I want to plant some kind of border on the long driveway for appearance sake. Deer should not be engorging my efforts towards this goal. I do not want any hedge of any...
11
11

Garden Project
I don't this is the right thread but I have some few questions about gardening. I'm planning to make a little forest on our backyard garden. First, I'm thinking to put a double swing. What is most...
4
4

Decorative bark
I thought I'd spread some decorative bark on the ground of the flower beds and between some bushes, where the adobe soil otherwise gets cracked and bare. It's supposed to hold down weeds and retain...
53
53

meconopsis cambrica??
I have looked everywhere for this plant - the only one I know that is a yellow poppy that can grow in the abundant shade of my garden. One company in the UK sells seeds for orange and red types but I...

Political Question
In Florida, the Dems, by moving their primary, they were in violation of the rules, thus they were informed that their votes would not count. Then they made a decision based on an understanding of the...
3
3

The Utopian Design Collective presents Vertical Farms, March 17, Philly
The Community College of Philadelphia Architecture Program and the Utopian Design Collective are proud to present a Lecture by Dr. Dickson Despommier of the Vertical Farm Project. As an agricultural...