Subject Author Posted Replies

What is this plant?
Or possible weed? It looks spiky but is not. Any ideas? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...
16

What happened to this apple tree on photo and what to do with that?
[image: Thank you. http://i58.tinypic.com/1538p61.jpg
2
2

Brown leaves on morning glories, help
hello, I have planted a beautiful flying saucer morning glory in a container that you water from the bottom. The plant is growing like mad and is beautiful. Today I noticed that some of the leaves are...
2
2

birds on deck, and squirrel
Hello, Anyone have ideas on how to keep birds off a deck? I had the deck recently stained and repaired and almost every day there are 2-3 bird poop on the t op railings. Mourning doves seem to be the...
18
18

Chimenea
My first posting as a newbie on here....can anyone advise me if it is safe to put a steel chimenea on a raised decking area.
1
1

The wisdom of introducing earthworms to a yard
I've started looking after my own lawn and garden since retiring a couple years ago. The location is the southern Sacramento Valley in the town of Davis, CA. One thing that struck me is the relative...
7
7

OT: Farming in the Sky
Article in the Atlantic Magazine. Can't think of any future more ghastly. I am NOT a population control fanatic like some I have read (not on this NG ). But I'd rather see old-fashioned dirt farming...
2
2

California Drought
As of 1 May, the state-wide snowpack water content was only 3% of the average for that date. As the rain and snow season ends, the 12 most significant reservoirs were at 45% of capacity. The average...
25
25

Why are these two small trees not doing so well right now in spring time?
Hello. Here are two photographs: 1. 2. Bad dirt? Not enough sun? Too much sun? Not enough water? Too moist? Other plants and trees, near them, are doing fine though. They are in Southern California...
6
6

Relandscaping garden
Hi All I have a 13m x 13m garden set on 2 levels. One half has a lawn with a Japanese cherry blossom tree and the other half is set 2m lower and is a combination of paving and decking. Basically, I...
2
2

what plants can you recommend that are like aubretia
cushion forming ground cover that come back year after year please

Raised bed borders
In my new refurbed front garden ( when it gets that far) I'm looking at putting in some raised borders, not very high just about 4-6" or so can anyone give me any tips, on building the raised border...
1
1

OT: Raccoon thru cat door
This has been going on ~ years. Awful. I I finally closed the cat door. Cat has to go through my bedroom and out part-open window. Iffy when guests using space! I've been on-line several times looking...
6
6

Any experience with Orbit irrigation timers?
I'm in the process of revamping the electromechanical automatic sprinkler in my front yard. The goal is to replace the sprinklers with dripline and the timer with something "compatible" with current...

earthquake
wow! first one i've been awake for. songbird
12
12