Subject Author Posted Replies

Castlewellan Gold (?)dying.
Hi New here today and quite a garden novice! I have 2 Castlewellan Gold trees which I bought already cut into balls, the trunks are about 2-2.5ft and the ball about 1-1.5ft. I have them in pots...
3
3

Cactus or succulent ID help please?
Bit of a novice in this area but I was given some seeds that just looked like dandelion seeds. The plant is now 18" high and is the shape of a broom handle with very thin leaves about 2" long...
1
1

Growing worms
I would like to have worms around here so when I go fishing, I don't have to drive a far distance and buy them. I googled, and they say to lay a refrigerator on its side and use that for a home. Fill...
11
11

Dry looking fungus on my cucumber leaves
Lots of dusty gray patches on many leaves. Did not notice this until today. What is it and what can I do about it? Weather is warm and dry in SoCal, cool nights.
3
3

Can You ID This Flowering Tree?
This is a tree close to my house. The beautiful flowers have a delightful, unique smell. I'd love to know what they are. Here's the overall tree: 's a semi-close view of the flowers: finally, a...
5
5

Need info - Hybrid Squash, King Ka Ae F1 possibly known as Korean Pumpkin
I have some seeds I picked up at a local oriental food store for "Hybrid Squash, King Ka Ae F1". The seeds are from the Asia Seed Co, Seol, Korea. I bought them and am currently growing them. I choose...
8
8

Growing Your Own: An Urban FarmerĀ¹s Memoir
Yea I know book spam but worth a look . Bill mentions E.B. White (Once and future king)
4
4

Hardiness of lysimachia lysii
Will lysimachia lysii stand a SE English winter outdoors or does it need the greenhouse? If the greenhouse, let go dormant, or water a bit now and then? Thank you in advance!

Marigolds and cross pollination
I grew three colors of small Marigold this year (Yellow, Orange and Orange/Red bi-color). The seed heads from the three different colors have been saved separately; all yellow seed heads in one bag,...
2
2

Secret poison
I had a yucca type thing. I have tried many times to poison it, I cut it down and tried roundup etc but it always regrew.A while ago tome professional type persons cut it down and it does not look...
5
5

Something I found in my garden today
my cucumber flowers are 6 petal, a very few are 7. This is unique. I can find no other 5 point flowers let alone one this amazingly symmetrical. http://i31.tinypic.com/106ixkm.jpgAll
2
2

Raised Beds
Hi, My present plot is 6'x12'. The 6' side is up against a fence, and the 12' side is up against the house. Yup, I'm walking through the garden to tend to the veggies. Not good. I'm planning on...
8
8

edible landscaping
Hi there everyone, I'm knew to the forum, I'm looking to start a knew gardening service in London based on edible landscaping. I'm looking at more unusual food sources, and was wondering if anyone has...

clay soil
we have a fairly large plot that use to be a vegatable plot.but due to my partner having bad ankles and me having back problems we can no longer keep on top of it.we can't afford to pay a gardener so...
7
7

Need a Gardener in London?
Hi there, i am a gardener looking to work in the london area, anywhere i can access by rail (no more than a half hour walk from a station (i do walk fast though!). I can do planting, pruning, weeding,...