Subject Author Posted Replies

What's up with my melons?
They're small, not getting bigger. Yellowing leaves. I put spray Miracle Grow on a couple of days ago. Heat just started to dissipate here from up to 107 in the day. Elevation 3700', SW Utah. Sandy...
2
2

Are my citrus trees dead?
We live in Tucson, AZ and we planted dwarf lemon, orange, and kumquat trees in our backyard this past June and the orange tree appears to be doing great, but the the lemon and kumquat have lost all of...
1
1

Luffa (sponge) gourd - lacking female flowers
I've planted some luffa gourds next to my back porch. Over the past few weeks, they have really taken off - some of them growing close to a foot a day. I have noticed some female flowers and small...
2
2

Walking stick insects
Do walking stick insects suck the life out of plants and make the leaves fall off? One appeared near some Hummingbird trumpet vines at the same time the leaves shriveled up and fell off. Google...
2
2

Help identify this tree -- acorns but not oak leaves
Can someone please help me figure out what a particular tree is? It had acorns, a bit smaller than most oak acorns I've seen. The leaves were not multi-lobed like oak leaves; in fact they looked a lot...
8
8

Killing roses with kindness
Several months ago I was concerned about my roses being eaten by insects, leaves turning yellow or brown and then falling off. In general my rose bushes and the few flowers they were producing looked...
2
2

What is this plant???
Can someone please help me with this plant, I found it on another forum, please look at the pics here.... please help me give an answer to this person! I have drawn a complete blank on what this plant...
2
2

What kind of plant is this? picture link. Flax? Phormium?
I would like to find out how to take care of our plant, but don't know the name of it. It has rust spots on it. here is a picture link. thanks http://tinyurl.com/orksxqhttp://tinyurl.com/ku2byt...
2
2

less pungent alternative to onions?
I LOVE onions. I enjoy growing them, and using them in a variety of recipes and cooking. My wife, on the other hand, loathes them. She especially hates the smell of them cooking, but can tolerate the...
11
11

Identifying plants
Hi, I work as a Gardener doing mainly manual jobs such as lawncare, hedge trimming etc but I am becoming more interested in expanding my horticultural knowledge. I allready have a descent knowledge of...
4
4

Good read on power of naming plants and animals
Weird and wonderful world! Bill
3
3

Gongealed Weed Killer in Hose
Hi there, It appears I've stuffed up, I used my knapsack weedkiller 6 months ago & now looking to get back ontop of my weeds - but I did'nt flush the hose after use. Bugger. Does anyone have any ideas...
1
1

Question
Hey Everyone, I have been seeing someone by the name of Smile Champ posting messages about his new Mr. Sifter. Has any one tried it or checked it out? I just wanted an opinion of what everyone else...
8
8

Gardens
New gardening tool! Check it out at: Or, go to my group.
1
1

What is it? (tree)
Hi Does anyone have any idea what this one is: a tree of some sort. Thank you, NT This website is for sale! picturehosting.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking...
3
3