Subject Author Posted Replies

lemon scented cypress
can any one tell me how far apart i should plant these little trees , i have planted them 1 meter apart is this wrong.... ty

Plant Trivia Pat inspired
Plant trivia: 'Pink' originally refered to the *notching* found on the flower petals, and only later came to mean the *color* that is typical of most pinks. (The older meaning of the word continues in...
1
1

Anyone know what this is!
These are growing up all over our garden. The bulb smells a bit like garlic, but the flower are wrong. Long stem, no leaves at all. just a long stem, with the flower? at the top....
6
6

Can anyone identify this plant please
Seen in the gardens at Cottesbrooke today. Help appreciated Thanks Nick http://www.bellows.org.uk/misc/flower.jpg
7
7

Scaly Bugs On Maple
Help - My first post so if in wroong place perhaps a kindly soul could move it? I was looking at a Japanese Maple which we have had in a pot on the terrace for some years now and noticed a large...
1
1

Biodiversity's holy grail is in the soil
release date: 25-Jun-2010 [ Print | E-mail | Share ] [ Close Window ] Contact: Beth King 703-487-3770 x8216 Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute Biodiversity's holy grail is in the soil Why are...
1
1

OT: Driver's License Website
This is not good, but I thought I would pass it along. Check your driver's license. Now you can see anyone's Driver's License on the Internet, including your own! I just searched for mine and there it...
4
4

Smart plants
This is SO cool! Check out a mind-stretching article : "Plants Demonstrate Complex Ability to Integrate Information". http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/06/100624144057.htmfor

Volunteer puller
Last night on "Ask this old house" the question on what this tool is for was a tool used for pulling volunteers. Since I have so many privet volunteers this tool wauls be a tremendous help for me....
1
1

Rockwood Gardens Sucks
Stay away fromt this mail order "gardening " outfit. Seems they take you money, at time of ordering, and then run for the hills. with every inquiry as to status of my order, the reply was of the like,...
3
3

beetles
I'm talking beetles here. 1-2" long, stripes on their backs. Found one in my potted plants and while trying nicely to remove him/her, it started hissing at me! I've been around, and I've never seen a...
1
1

85 year old reflects on Daisy Picking
Some old stuff maybe 30 years ago I flashed back to. Yea I know the low carbers will freak but I wonder if longevity is enhanced by joy and diminished by fear.
15
15

What's wrong with this shrub?
I have a shrub in my garden that looks rather poorly. It was there when I moved in, and is looking ugly. I'd be most pleased if anybody could help me identify it, and tell me what is wrong with it, as...
4
4

Livingstone daises
Hey all First time here, only place I could think of to see if anyone had encountered this prob:- sparrows are eating my livingstone daisies! Its the first year this has happened and I wonder if...
2
2

Will 25 tomato plants be enough for two people?
My wife and I both love fresh tomatoes for the table. We don't do any caning. I planted 25 tomato plants this year but four of these are cherry type tomatoes. We can each eat five or six tomatoes a...
23
23