Subject Author Posted Replies

Plant I.D.
I took my first trip to the New Jersey Botanical Gardens yesterday. Beautiful place. I'll have to go back when more of the perennials and annuals are blooming. I was walking through the hosta garden...
2
2

good to bury rusty implement under plant?
hallo, moved into property and garden has lots of really rusty iron tools dotted all over the place. am sure i read somewhere ages ago that planting rusty stuff under certain plants does them good. Is...
2
2

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
Elm tree made the winter: flowering chestnut made it too: http://i53.tinypic.com/vzh65l.jpghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aesculus_hippocastanum...

Norwegian permaculture garden. Help needed!
Hi! We are two guys from the southeast of Norway (A place called Asker, not far from Oslo) planning to convert our garden lawn into a much more (hopefully) productive permaculture style garden! It's...
13
13

In the News
Nano foods may go GM way due to lack of awareness: UK FSA Tuesday, April 26, 2011 08:00 IST Manufacturers risk new nanotechnology-based food products being rejected in a similar way to...

Flox didnt bloom this year? Why?
We have flox all along our drive and pool, this year was no different than others...but there were very few blooms! Most years its like a carpet of blloms. Im in western kentucky thanks
7
7

A cat has got broken my lawnmower blades
Please help. I have recently purchased a lawn mower from a friend. Its one of them styles with thick metal blades. Unfortunately, when i was mowing my lawn this afternoon, a cat jumped into the path...
1
1

Horsechestnut replanting
Keep the ground around it moist, but not waterlogged, and maybe give it some shade during the heat of the day, until its roots re-establish themselves. Maybe a shot of root-tone, or some such.
4
4

soil issues (long story)
afternoon all, recently purchased our first house and have really only been concentrating on the house but the time has finally come when i'm allowed (my girlfriend is the boss!!) to get stuck into...
7
7

Year Round Greenhouse, How Practical?
In a moderate climate (Oregon, about 100 miles from the coast), how practical would it be to try to raise vegetables year-round in a greenhouse? - Jeff Take notes and observations all in one. Reframer...
11
11

teenager keen to learn the art of gardening
Hiya everyone, my name is Tom, I'm 16 years old, from London living in Ireland. I'm a keen koi keeper, and have developed an interest in plants. I'd love to learn some more about gardening and...
7
7

small plant pot questions
Hi, just wondering if anyone has an idea of a plant that will be happy outside in a very small pot? A friend of mine has bought me some very small novelty pots in the shapes of wellington boots and...
3
3

How to get confidence with gardening?
Hi there, Each time I buy a indoor plant or look something up that's related to any kind of gardening I get entirely lost in all the terminology, Latin names, etc. I would like to get improved at...
10
10

dandelion and burdock makes your carrots grow ginormous!
hey everyone, i have been growing carrots in my allotment for some time now and i have never understood why i cant make them grow to a decent size, then i spoke to my granddad who told me to poor a...
5
5

Struggling acer
I have a potted acer about 6 or 7 years old. It has always done very well in a good location but this year it has a fraction of the normal leaves and those that have appeared are looking a little...
1
1