Where is the best place to live?

Nacherally... ;-D

Reply to
Omelet

Noted bedroom communities are:

Four Poster, IL Bunk, ME Queens, NY Cradle, NM Twin, ID Spare, LA Master, PA

Reply to
doofy

Smart ass.

Reply to
Omelet

Thanks for the reminder. Colder in hill country vice east of IH35. Don't count on local Austin TV stations reflecting actual winter temperature and temp forecasts in regions west in winter/fall. NWS is much more accurate locally.

Dioclese

If speaking west of IH35, would, in the past recommend Dripping Springs or Wimberley. All the new immigrants have managed to use up the springs, now water is pumped into Drippin'. Wimberley is about to explode due to too much control by its local government of growth. Marble Falls is a tourist trap, and preys on potential settlers. Try Blanco.

Austin sets right on top of IH35. Its traffic is reminiscent of L.A. 2 decades ago except alot slower in movement.

Reply to
Dioclese

Thanks. :-)

Reply to
Omelet

And your point? ;-P

Reply to
doofy

Sounds absolutely resistible. What is the price of a home on a single lot? What is the price of an undeveloped acre?

Reply to
Billy

I'm always one to appreciate a good pun! That was a compliment. ;-)

You forgot Beddington Maine...

Reply to
Omelet

Locally, depends on exactly where it is. There are still some "wild" areas on backroads that run anywhere from 4K to 10K per acre.

On up for areas that are closer to town or commercially valuable.

Reply to
Omelet

How about Walla Walla, Washington?

Four seasons about 20" of rain per year

1000' above seal level Winter lows about 27 deg. F Summer highs about 91 deg. F Cheap utilities (most of it generated by hydro and wind) and the wine...

Reply to
snotbottom

I know, I put a smiley face.

I don't get out much.

Reply to
doofy

That is why you are so smart. Plenty of time to read.

Reply to
Omelet

Most homes are sold on a single lot. Size (square footage) of the home, not the lot, is more determinant in price.

Undeveloped land price depends on the amount of acreage involved, and, exactly (not generally) where it is.

I provided a generality based on what I see, its up to the potential buyer to do the shopping and legwork. Dave

Reply to
Dioclese

Sorry you wasted your time.

Like MicroSoft Support Network, everything you said is completely true and totally useless.

Your generalities are true the world around.

Google told me what I wanted to know.

Reply to
Billy