Where is the best place to live?

Page 2 of 2

Girl, I'm just funnin'. I've seen the pictures;-)
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
In article

Nacherally... ;-D
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

Well, I live in the Austin/San Antonio area, but the bedroom communities have better land prices. ;-)
Just stay out of Tornado alley, per previous posts!
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.
Omelet wrote:

Noted bedroom communities are:
Four Poster, IL Bunk, ME Queens, NY Cradle, NM Twin, ID Spare, LA Master, PA

Smart ass. <grins>
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.
Omelet wrote:

And your point? ;-P

I'm always one to appreciate a good pun! That was a compliment. ;-)
You forgot Beddington Maine...
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.
Omelet wrote:

I know, I put a smiley face.

I don't get out much.

That is why you are so smart. Plenty of time to read. <g>
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

If speaking west of IH35, would, in the past recommend Dripping Springs or Wimberley. All the new immigrants have managed to use up the springs, now water is pumped into Drippin'. Wimberley is about to explode due to too much control by its local government of growth. Marble Falls is a tourist trap, and preys on potential settlers. Try Blanco.
Austin sets right on top of IH35. Its traffic is reminiscent of L.A. 2 decades ago except alot slower in movement.
--
Dave

Sounds absolutely resistible. What is the price of a home on a single lot? What is the price of an undeveloped acre?
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
In article

Locally, depends on exactly where it is. There are still some "wild" areas on backroads that run anywhere from 4K to 10K per acre.
On up for areas that are closer to town or commercially valuable.
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

Most homes are sold on a single lot. Size (square footage) of the home, not the lot, is more determinant in price.
Undeveloped land price depends on the amount of acreage involved, and, exactly (not generally) where it is.
I provided a generality based on what I see, its up to the potential buyer to do the shopping and legwork. Dave

Sorry you wasted your time.
Like MicroSoft Support Network, everything you said is completely true and totally useless.
Your generalities are true the world around.
Google told me what I wanted to know.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
How about Walla Walla, Washington?
Four seasons about 20" of rain per year 1000' above seal level Winter lows about 27 deg. F Summer highs about 91 deg. F Cheap utilities (most of it generated by hydro and wind) and the wine...