What's Growing In Your Garden?

In the xtreme NE xtension of Zone 7, we have...
Spinach Cabbage Cauliflower Romaine Onion Strawberry Raspberries Peach (full flower) Apple (early flower)
Sowing toms, cuke, and squash seed indoor this weekend. Bells have sprouted and are now under the lights.
What's Growing In Your Garden?
On 31 Mar 2006 21:22:12 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

I am also in zone 7, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The fruit trees are starting to bloom or leaf The strawberries are flowering Rhubarb is poking through Peas have germinated Broccoli, broccoli rabe and Swiss chard are growing nicely The onions are coming up Asparagus is starting to come up. Too bad this is only the second year and we cannot pick much.
Some of the tomatoes in the greenhouse are 3 or 4 inches tall Herbs and peppers are germinating
I need to generate some graph paper to plan the tomato patch
--
Susan N.

snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

Growing in my garden?
Snow.
LOTS of it.
Henriette
--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.henriettesherbal.com
Henriette Kress wrote:

early to be plantin' in 5b
--
Steve

I am in zone 5b as well (nova scotia) where are you?
--
:) Lynn

"Steve Calvin" < snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net> wrote in message
Lynn wrote:

oops, I was wrong (coffee hadn't kicked in yet). I'm in Poughkeepsie, New York. Actually zone 6 I believe.
--
Steve

Steve Calvin wrote:

I'm also in 5b, just outside of Pittsburgh, PA.
Planted outside (not yet sprouted): onion sets peas (first of three crops) radishes turnips nasturtiums collards lettuce (in the cold frame)
Growing: asparagus (spears just poking through the soil) rhubarb fruit trees budding
Planted inside: kohlrabi swiss chard kale flowers (many varieties)
Planting inside this weekend: tomatoes peppers vines
That only leaves the corn and green beans to be planted outside at the appropriate time, probably about mid-may when the oak leaves are the size of a squirrel's ear.
I built two more raised beds this past weekend, one for my mignonette (sp.?) strawberries and one for my everbearings. They aren't doing so well where I have them currently.
-N
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

On the approximate border between zone 3 and 4, we have rock hard frozen soil topped by a little snow and a little mud. Almost 2 months before anything will be growing other than garlic and some early weeds.
Steve in the Adirondacks
I have garlic popping up and the frost heaved a parsnip up. other than that just flowers bulbs
--
:) Lynn zone 5b

< snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net> wrote in message
On 31 Mar 2006 21:22:12 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

An addendum.
Today we received 12 pounds of seed potatoes, 3 pounds each of Yukon Gold, Red Gold, All Red, and All Blue.
They will get planted tomorrow if the weather holds.
--
Susan N.

snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

Being in Central Florida:
- pole beans - bush beans - corn
I haven't gotten to plant other things as I broke my leg recently so my poor toms and zipper peas are having to wait until i can get around

I can empathize with you. I broke my arm at the end of June last year. Working in the garden was almost impossible and many things did not get done.
My advice -- start doing as much as you can as soon as you can. The more active you stay the shorter the rehabilation will be.
--
Susan N.

The Cook wrote:

Very true, although, i don't have much choice, i am a pretty active 27 year old with 3 young kids. I have no choice but to get active :) The hardest part of all of the healing is patience.
Red Beets (nice and big, very nutritious) Spinach (been eating them all winter, now they are coming near the end) Tomatoes (seedlings just planted) Blackberries (3 plants getting ready for their first fruit this summer) Cherry Tomatoes (going to plant the seeds very soon) String Beans (just planted the seeds) some kind of hot peppers Red Bell Peppers (small seedlings right now)
On 26 Apr 2006 03:50:11 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I *finally* got to plant last weekend. No rain at last. 2 Sweet 100s tomato plants 3 Celebrity tomato plants 3 some sort of Beefsteak variety of tomato plants 6 green bell peppers 4 zucchini bush beans (my first try at these) Potatoes have been in for quite a long time Peas which were planted at the entirely wrong time despite the directions on the package which said Sept-Feb in my zone and I planted in very late Feb). I'm hoping the cherry tree will do well this year. I've lived in this house for 7 years and, until last year, didn't realize that pretty tree *is* a cherry tree. The cherries were really tiny, not even worth eating. I don't know if this is because of the variety or some other factor.
And, I planted pansies in pots but that's for some other NG. Sue
My list this year is:
veg beds
parsnips around 50 potatoes 2 varieties runner beans carrots onions garlic swiss chard turnips tomatoes cucumber various lettuces lambs lettuce purple sprouting brocoli raddish catch crops
fruit beds
blackcurrent redcurrent raspberry strawberry figs apple pear blackberry
Herbs Chives basil mints thyme lavender
think thats the lot! Gary