VINTAGE OLD ANTIQUE MINI WINE PRESS-EBAY-$25

trippin28track

garage sale. Mine is the same size, but the metal parts, cast iron, have beautiful scroll work of vines and grapes (painted gold). Perhaps, it was a bigger bargain than it seemed at the time. :-)

Glenna (who hasn't pressed any cider yet)

Reply to
Glenna Rose

I'm in the process of building a press; I have the basket just about finished, then I need to make the frame. I plan to leave all the wood unfinished, and I'll put a sheet of polyethylene sheeting between the basket and the bottom tray instead of making the collection tray waterproof. I'm not sure about the grinder though; I'll either make a somewhat traditional grinder, or just modify a cheap (new) garbage disposal.

You really can't press apples without grinding them first. The grating attachment for a Kitchenaid mixer might be good enough.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

zxcvbob wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

A buddy of mine modified a top-loading washing machine to grate apples, and then extract the juice. I suppose if the batches are of sufficient size...

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

get it...vintage wine (press). hahaha. not. - C.

Reply to
Charles Newton

"patriarch snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcastDOTnet" zxcvbob wrote in

I modified a '68 Briggs and Stratton lawnmover. Bored the sumbitch out, added the mulching attachment and 20-gallon screened hopper and I just ride over a pile of apples. The sumbitch tears 'em up. - C.

Reply to
Charles Newton