Talk a little bit about the foraging

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/25/greatest-person-of-the-da_n_7735 84.html
While walking about in my retiring getting garden I notice a bunch of fair mushrooms but the offer caused reflection . Later found the above URL but the rooms are somehow calling me. They are fair and light brown and in my youth a given for the plate but I now wonder too much.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/play/snake-oil-supplements /

Good link. "One of the greatest challenges......is to make high quality food affordable to everyone." A huge percentage of the populace doesn't realize how easy that could be. Unfortunately the masses are either uneducated or just plain lazy to act. Big business slowly leads them to a life of diabetes, heart disease, etc.. . Business controls a large portion of the food system and the medical system. They feed on the masses in one way or another.
I'd like to see your mushrooms, Fall fungal activity is happening here; blewits, oysters, hen of the woods are happening now here in Appalachia. Steve

Just went out and took a some images. I'll see about posting in a few days. The weather here is balmy 70 F with a high dew point seems mushrooms like it. I like to trim my dead wood in short sleeves on days like this. But it seems folks in Chicago area are getting BAD weather. Not related but it is the same weather system.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/play/snake-oil-supplements /

Here you go Steve.
<
http://i56.tinypic.com/2bacjl.jpg
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/play/snake-oil-supplements /

Looks like genus Collybia species perhaps acervata. For some reason the photo wouldn't fully load, but an ID from a photo is at best a good guess. Thanks for sharing, Steve